Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sector 9 - scifi map commission

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map Sector 9 - scifi map commission

Hey all,

This map was a private commission I did for a homemade "light retro scifi" setting. Done in PS, original size 18x12".

As usual, feel free to rate, rep or run away

© M.PLASSE 2015 - All rights reserved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sector9web.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	73114

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

Hey Max, great to see a work of yours in another "genre". Your magnificent subtle style fits here very well too. Very inspiring for my own first attempts in sci-fi mapping. One question: Did you draw the mountain ranges yourself? They remind me of the wonderful "shaded relief" maps i stumbled on recently.
    Although i admire every single one of your fantasy and historical maps, i would love to see more modern/sci-fi maps from you in the future (i guess it's a question of comissions, but nonetheless...). Hmm, can't rep you atm, so i rated at least ...
    Cheers,
    AL

Love it... This makes me want to get my RPG group on the phone and set something up.

Great job.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Great map. Congratulations.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thank you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Although i admire every single one of your fantasy and historical maps, i would love to see more modern/sci-fi maps from you in the future (i guess it's a question of comissions, but nonetheless...). Hmm, can't rep you atm, so i rated at least ...
    Cheers,
    AL
    Actually I've done another one a few months ago for a video game but I can't show it yet, per client's request.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    One question: Did you draw the mountain ranges yourself? They remind me of the wonderful "shaded relief" maps i stumbled on recently.
    Cheers,
    AL
    No I didn't draw the mountains, I've indeed used some shaded reliefs, then most of the job here was to texturize, color and overpaint light and shadows to increase reliefs contrast.

Nice to see something sci-fi by you. Looks great.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

I just love that style. Hopefully, we will see more of that style from you...be it fantasy or sci fi. I can't Rep. you but, as always, this post is a "Rep. in spirit"
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Awesome ! The map is fantastic and I really love your frame and the general design. Those circles are excellent to point cities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast