Thread: The overseas lands of the Emperor

Guild Novice

Wip The overseas lands of the Emperor

This was my first real map making project, which i started before joining here.
    It should be pretty much done (and in fact i have begone on another map) but i would still really like to get some feedback none the less.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the twin bays 6-1.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	73178

flavor text:
    Here they are, the imperial territories beyond the Leviathan sea.
    From the old merchant cities of Oum, Nera and Tyrico in the eastern bay, to the rebellious slavers in the western,
    from the Holy metropolis of Sanctuary, to the bustling filter-city of Highwall on the gemstone-river.
    Here they all are, trading blows as well as wares, in the safety of the Bays, safe from the horror of the deep sea,
    whose monstrosities can only equaled by the godlike might of the undying Emperor.

I like this, it has a nice style that is unique and simple. I really like your rivers and forests, I wish you had a prominent texture to show where your mountains were rather than the just the labels. The labels I think could use a bit of work especially the mountain text. I still think the overall look is very nice.

Great way to start your first WIP thread!

Guild Novice

Yeah, the mountains are definitely my weak point. I just cant seen to find a good design for them.

Thanks by the way

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by the Icelander View Post
    Yeah, the mountains are definitely my weak point. I just cant seen to find a good design for them.

Thanks by the way
    Nice map. You didn't say what software you are using, but there are a lot of mountain brushes available for photoshop and GIMP, you might just search out a few.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Nice map. You didn't say what software you are using, but there are a lot of mountain brushes available for photoshop and GIMP, you might just search out a few.
    sadly i am using PDN, so i cant really use those brushes...

Banned User

Sorry, I don't even know what PDN is, but you might consider getting PS (which costs money) or GIMP (which is free).

Guild Novice

i meant Paint.net, i have been trying to get into GIMP, but i am a bit lost there.

This is a great first map! I like the colours and texture a lot. I have to second Domino44's comments about the labelling, as the spacing is inconsistent, and I'm not keen on the way you've labelled the mountains. But overall, it's a fantastic first effort and I look forward to seeing what you do next.