Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: *** October Challenge -- Urban Mapping ***

i bet you wouldn't
    Something witty and pithy

Post Exclude me!

You can and should exclude my entry...

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    You can and should exclude my entry...

GP
    Perhaps changing the thread name and removing WIP tags would be a good idea?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Perhaps changing the thread name and removing WIP tags would be a good idea?
    perhaps we need to make it a type of rule... as in... if you bow out... you have to *officially state* that fact in the Challenge thread...*here* in other words... so that moderators can change the tag or move it to the archived subforum...

Blog Entries

That sounds sensible. Also PM me or somebody edit the entrants list to remove the name and thread id from the set and then the thumbs will update accordingly next time run.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    That sounds sensible. Also PM me or somebody edit the entrants list to remove the name and thread id from the set and then the thumbs will update accordingly next time run.
    It might help that we rearranged the forum. Other than the sticky posts at the start, every other post in the Current Mapping Challenge forum should be an entry for the month... after the threads are locked and voting is complete we will move them all to the archive sub-forum and unlock for further comments or modifications as desired...

soooo... the script could just work on every post in the forum except when it starts with "STICKY"...

-Rob A>

Post Voting time?

Shouldn't the voting have started already?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    soooo... the script could just work on every post in the forum except when it starts with "STICKY"...
    Could do but sometimes it might be a good idea to change the script and rerun it over old challenges. For example recently we changed so that clicking into the image now goes to the image not the thread for it. What I ought to do is have the entrants list as a post in the thumbnails sticky thread as I have edit access to that thread so it would not be a problem. Maybe have an archive of entrants lists there too. Still, it seems to be working quite well at the mo so I reckon leave it as is for now.

Blog Entries

Late last night ran the script again and once more this morning just to ensure that we have a good set of thumbs and again we have some 11th hour entrants again so it should be correct as of start of voting. But let me know if your thumb is not the right one.

I changed the script this morning to do multi page challenge entries as its much more important to get them right. I ran it over several previous months and they all looked like it picked up the right ones but I cannot be sure.

The script does everything now except run itself automatically and upload all the new results !

Guild Journeyer

Life got too busy and I wasn't able to finish Shea, but I still learned some good things.

I wanted to create a cavernous drop around the positive pieces. I spent a great deal of time in that and should have moved on sooner. I do love to mess with meshes though, so it was fun.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456