Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *** October Challenge -- Urban Mapping ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Post *** October Challenge -- Urban Mapping ***

*** October Challenge ***

Urban Mapping in your own style.

Use the B&W layout below to map an area in a settlement using your own style.

Try to convey some of the character of the place you are mapping. You can choose any genre, and any size settlement. You must stick to the fundamental plan as far as possible and the layout must be recognizable in your entry.

Entries should be in by no later than October 25, 2008.

Good Luck!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geo.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	6765

ooooooh..... fun!
    Something witty and pithy

Ouch... Urban mapping is not my specialty... Maybe I'll need some advice when started...

Post Sci-Fi Urban Sprawl

Hmmm, I'm kind of in the mood to create a Sci-Fi urban sprawl, something like the world of Blade Runner, Fifth Element, or the City of Star Wars Episode 2. Anyway, I might create multi-levels of hovercars, elevated trains. Which means those building outlines would belong to huge buildings.

Just an idea, anyway, it will probably be a while before I start, week or so.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Good idea! I knew right what I would do if I found the time to enter when I read the challenge and saw the layout. I run a sci-fi campaign presently, so perhaps I could make a map for the challenge that I could also use myself, which might help me free up time to enter a challenge. However...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Hmmm, I'm kind of in the mood to create a Sci-Fi urban sprawl, something like the world of Blade Runner, Fifth Element, or the City of Star Wars Episode 2. Anyway, I might create multi-levels of hovercars, elevated trains. Which means those building outlines would belong to huge buildings.
    ... GP beat me to it. I'm not sure I can compete with GP's skill level in another style challenge within the same genre. Still, my setting would not be as technologically advanced probably. We'll see if I can arrange the time to enter, but I'm truly not sure, as its really just three weeks and it'll be almost a week before I have a day off to consider it.

Great challenge though! It'll be a lot of fun to follow this one in progress.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

hmmmm....very interesting *said in a terrible Inspector Clouseau imitation*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

ooh if i try this, it will be tough. Havent done very many cities (uh... actually none ) but I started making a city before, So I can try.

Question though, are we aloud to modify things slightly? like add a river and bridges and zoom out slightly to include more area?

Quote Originally Posted by bryguy View Post
    Question though, are we aloud to modify things slightly? like add a river and bridges and zoom out slightly to include more area?

Quote Originally Posted by bryguy View Post
    Same rules as the last challenge, you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as the existing guidelines are still met.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Same rules as the last challenge, you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as the existing guidelines are still met.
    okay cool, thanks

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast