Thread: *** May Challenge - Map Like A Creature ***

Post *** May Challenge - Map Like A Creature ***

Hey all. This month's challenge was suggested by Falconius. Here's the basic idea:

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Does anyone remember the challenge last year about making a map from the perspective of a monster? Well this idea is basically a return to that in that one is to make a map from the perspective of any creature, from a spider, to a mouse or a cat, or a fish or whatever. The map such a creature would make if they were to make one, and the information they would include revolving around their most important senses and cares...Creatures would also obviously map in scales appropriate to them, for a spider a regional map might be the size of a housing block or a field and a local map the size of a kitchen counter top for instance.
    As always, please include the following in your thread:

Title each new thread May 2015 Entry - <your title>

Precede each WIP image with the tag ### Latest WIP ###.

The contest will end sometime around the first of June and the winner shall receive a golden compass and all that jazz
    Last edited by arsheesh; 05-07-2015 at 03:04 PM.

You probably meant :'' the contest will end sometime around the first of June ''
    Otherwise the contest is already over.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    You probably meant :'' the contest will end sometime around the first of June ''
    Otherwise the contest is already over.
    Seems to happen every time. I always seem to miss one of the previous month references in the text I copy and paste. Thanks for the catch.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I have an idea for this but I had to send my tablet back due to a recharge issue and won't have it for a few weeks. At least it's free repair and an extended warranty for 2 years, woot for that.

Now I just have to convince myself to sit at my desk and use my pc/Intous. Problem is I work at a desk all day long and kind of don't want to sit any more. That's one of the things I love about my Cintiq, I can go anywhere and draw. I'm missing my baby
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

so creature includes monsters of course? ... hmmm... Gelatinous Cube perhaps? .. damn that round hole ..
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Member

Hi!

Just wanted to say that my last WIP wasn't properly uploaded. I contacted the administrator, and I am trying to solve this issue today, but I can only re-upload again at night (in ~9hrs time). Just wondering when is the May challenge closing and if there will be time to fix the issue.

Regards,
    Diego

It closes when one of the CLs has time. I don't imagine we will close it before you can sort out your image issue. If you can't enter your piece we are down to one entry and that's not much fun.

In any event, it usually closes in the next day or 2 but I think we can manage to cut you some slack for getting this fixed.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Member

OK good to know! Thanks!

I already have an entry, so we still have two entries! Just that there was a huge updated from my previous WIP.

Regards,
    Diego