View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 77.42%
  • No

    7 22.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Outerspace Challenge

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Guild Adept bryguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In my own little world =D
    Posts
    289

    Post Outerspace Challenge

    How about a challenge where you have to create an outerspace scene/map? I myself would like to have a challenge like this

  2. #2
    Guild Novice Aera Lure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NY, US
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I'm all for it, as I run a sci-fi campaign currently, though its pretty much restricted to the Earth Sphere (Moon, La Grange points). Some access to the asteroid belt and Jupiter though.

    What are you thinking? "Regional" map or an encounter map? In actual "space", or on a planetary body? In any event, pretty much all of those things interest me.

  3. #3
    Guild Adept bryguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In my own little world =D
    Posts
    289

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Aera Lure View Post
    I'm all for it, as I run a sci-fi campaign currently, though its pretty much restricted to the Earth Sphere (Moon, La Grange points). Some access to the asteroid belt and Jupiter though.

    What are you thinking? "Regional" map or an encounter map? In actual "space", or on a planetary body? In any event, pretty much all of those things interest me.
    im not sure what you mean by "regional", "encounter", "space", or "planetary body", so i cant really answer your question.... ?:

  4. #4

    Post scaled differences

    Quote Originally Posted by bryguy View Post
    im not sure what you mean by "regional", "encounter", "space", or "planetary body", so i cant really answer your question.... ?:
    Bryguy: a regional map would be something like September Challenge map - you are mapping a region, that's not as big as a continent, but more than just a city; ie: regional: county map, state map, midwest map.

    Encounter map - is used in Roleplaying Games, like Dungeons & Dragons, encounter scale is usually, 1 inch = 5 feet. The August challenge dungeon tiles were in encounter scale, as was the tavern map, on the previous month. A map of an encounter area - fight a monster, visit a store or tavern.

    Space map, I'm guessing would be like an orbital map, starsystem map or even a quadrant map. Map as large as an entire galaxy, or the immediate environment surrounding a planet or star system.

    Planetary Body - a map of Earth or Mars, a map of a planet.

    GP
    Gamer Printshop - We print RPG Maps for Game Masters!
    http://www.gamer-printshop.com

    Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG) Google+ community

  5. #5
    Guild Adept bryguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In my own little world =D
    Posts
    289

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Bryguy: a regional map would be something like September Challenge map - you are mapping a region, that's not as big as a continent, but more than just a city; ie: regional: county map, state map, midwest map.

    Encounter map - is used in Roleplaying Games, like Dungeons & Dragons, encounter scale is usually, 1 inch = 5 feet. The August challenge dungeon tiles were in encounter scale, as was the tavern map, on the previous month. A map of an encounter area - fight a monster, visit a store or tavern.

    Space map, I'm guessing would be like an orbital map, starsystem map or even a quadrant map. Map as large as an entire galaxy, or the immediate environment surrounding a planet or star system.

    Planetary Body - a map of Earth or Mars, a map of a planet.

    GP
    thanks GP


    I had been thinking more of a space map or planetary body map

  6. #6
    Community Leader NeonKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Surrey, Canada, EH!
    Posts
    5,025

    Post

    Bwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    This would use Profantasy's October Anual just peachy

    http://sub.profantasy.com/2008/october08.html
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

    Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

    Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

  7. #7

    Post

    sounds fun! at last I could use some neon colors in a map

  8. #8
    Guild Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bakers Hill, Western Australia
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I like the idea of an alien complex, ground or space based, which would be interesting. How alien can you make it and yet still be "understandable" to mere human minds?
    Happiness is knowing your mapping software won't crash partway through an operation.

  9. #9
    Community Leader RPMiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Watching you from in here
    Posts
    3,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antony View Post
    I like the idea of an alien complex, ground or space based, which would be interesting. How alien can you make it and yet still be "understandable" to mere human minds?
    That is more of an encounter map and would be a different suggestion. You are welcome to post it in the forum and see if he garners the most votes in the next two days. I like the idea and it has some potential so I say go for it.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

    Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.


    Find me on Google+

  10. #10
    Guild Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bakers Hill, Western Australia
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I wasn't thinking so much of interiors but small settlements sitting in orbit or on alien worlds. But both together would be interesting.
    Happiness is knowing your mapping software won't crash partway through an operation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •