Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A vent of frustration

Another consideration is that you can't just rely on random customers finding your product searching on DTRPG. So you have to post in relevant forums and social media with links to your DTRPG publisher page. G+ has been my best traffic driver, although not relavent to conversion rates, since June of 2013 (date I activated my G+ account), my personal page that shows all posts (mostly maps) posted on my G+ KS page, and to several other RPG map and game related G+ communities - and since that time, my G+ page has had over 4.87 million views. I use FB too, with far lower views. I post on ENWorld and a couple other forums. Since not many use Xara software for their maps, and I do, I have an ongoing thread on Xara's fan support site, TalkGraphics.com, that is the most viewed thread in that forum with 70,000 more views than the second most viewed thread. I haven't really spent money beyond a poorly maintained website (which is due for a facelift soon). 99.99% of my traffic is from social media and forum posts. I've also gotten a lot of free PR from a number RPG bloggers, and not just all at once, almost every year I have one or more PR opportunities. I've been in Xara's monthly online magazine 3 times over the last 2 years.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-18-2015 at 07:39 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234