Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: October Entry: Ground Zero

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah but is it metal enough? Nathan Explosion says yeah. Alrighty then. Lookin good so far my man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I've heard of "pushing the envelope" but I've laways felt people werent deserving of that description. When it comes to mapping GP, you push the envelope. Keep pushing, its great.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Guild Journeyer

I look forward to seeing your piece. Past evidence indicates it will be most worthy.
    Last edited by meleeguy; 10-06-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: got over it

Wip First building texturing and floorplan

Since only 7 or 8 buildings actually show damage, I won't need to create floors for every building. The large building on the left side of my initial posts is the building below - the Terran Federation Reserve Bank building. Although only the upper floors will retain damage, I plan to create a single floorplan for each damaged building, then simply duplicate them in a stack, so as to minimize modeling efforts. Once I place the damage, those exposed offices will have furniture and people placed. Notice the lack of doors, I'll put in door graphics once exposed areas are known.

Once I create all necessary floorplans for each damaged structure, I'll place A/C units, signal towers, satelite dishes on the tops.

Since I think both the top down and 3/4 view maps provide unique insight to levels of damage, my final map will include multiple views, before and after in a composite map. A wide angle view will show surrounding structures not in current map - but probably left untextured to emphasize on main map area.

I'll have several of the smaller structures floorplans tomorrow night. Hopefully just a couple nights to get this part done...

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	federation-building.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	6901  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-25-2008 at 06:18 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

oh man... do you even have a day job? This is going to be sweet. I can wait to see the futuristic hairstyles of the people in the damaged offices.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    oh man... do you even have a day job? This is going to be sweet. I can wait to see the futuristic hairstyles of the people in the damaged offices.
    I hope that's sarcasm, as the likelihood of seeing hairstyles on people at the scales I'll be presenting is rather unlikely! The people will be more like furniture to help fill the structures. I'll be using Poser figures as the people and since these are all business men/women, you're only going to see "suits". Not 23rd century fashion and hair design.

But my day job is a graphics shop, though I rarely map during my workday, having access to tools to workout ideas in between client jobs, then uploading here during the workday is entirely possible.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

this... looks... awesome!
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

So far this is looking like the piece d'resistance! God, my French is so bad...

I will be rather interested in seeing how you deal with the internal building textures and the other flotsam and jetsam that will be textured in the area.

Are you intending to add the rescue vehicles and other stuff you mentioned earlier in the thread? Ambitious without the first responders

any more sneak peaks?
    Something witty and pithy

Post I can't complete the challenge...

Unfortunately, it looks like I won't have time to work on this challenge this month. I am actually earnestly working on the last touches on the Gamer Printshop Ecommerce site, then loading Anna's maps into the store and make ready for a grand reopening of the site.

I also am working on several commission maps, that have taken over my evening time, when I usually work on challenges.

If I have time before the end of the month, I'll try to do an update, but from the way things look, I'll be too busy. I'll make sure to finish it, even after the challenge is over.

It looks like I'm out - sorry guys!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

That really is too bad since it was shaping up rather nicely. I imagine had your idea been less ambitious, you would still finish something and submit, but you really set the bar high for yourself.

The entries will be weaker without yours.
    Something witty and pithy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast