Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May 2015 Entry - Map of Nimh

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

Lovely idea, and a great realization so far! Looking forward how this develops. PS: The mouse's eyes have something "evil" about them, i like it!
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 05-20-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Wip

Thanks guys. Here's an update. Completed the line work and labels. Now it's on to coloring.

### Winner ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Secret of Nimh WIP 2 Small.jpg 
Views:	980 
Size:	686.3 KB 
ID:	73488  
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-26-2018 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Added Winner tag

Banned User

Brilliant and I especially like the mouse. My only negative comment is that because the mouse is on the hill the things below seem just as big as if it was a human up there. Strictly it doesn't seem like it's from the perspective of a mouse, where I'd have imagined everything would be much larger compared to the small mouse. I could be wrong though as I don't know how large the mice are. In a way it seems they could be human sized if that tree is a normal size.
    Last edited by Sarithus; 05-20-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    My only negative comment is that because the mouse is on the hill the things below seem just as big as if it was a human up there. Strictly it doesn't seem like it's from the perspective of a mouse, where I'd have imagined everything would be much larger compared to the small mouse. I could be wrong though as I don't know how large the mice are. In a way it seems they could be human sized if that tree is a normal size.
    Yeah you're right about that. I wanted the mouse to appear large in the foreground and I had intended the hill to be sufficiently tall so as to make it look like the mouse was looking down on everything. But the tree is too small for this to make much sense. But then I wanted that tree there and at that size, so in the end I just said to heck with it, no need to be a slave to realism

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Excelllent work so far Arsheesh!

So cuuuuute :3
    *gushes*

It just gets better and better!

Awesome! I'm shocked.

I'm not sure at all, but I see two possible inconsistencies:
    1) The horizon line not appear past the big tree (left side of the map).
    2) The tree next to the house looks too much from its side view to me.

Thanks everyone . Meriba, you are right about the horizon line, I did draw it in there but it must have been on a different layer that I hid when I turned this into a .jpg. Thanks for pointing this out, it will appear in the final image. Also, I agree, the tree by the house did appear that way to me as well. I am hoping to remedy this with light and shadow when I paint this (my father-in law is spending the weekend with us so this project has been put on hold till next week).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hi all, we've got some unexpected visitors this week and I'm not sure I'll be able to paint this before the end of the month. If not I'll have to submit it as is and wait to paint it at a latter point.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast