Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GIMP 2.6 is out

thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    Was pretty shocked to see that the toolbox and other windows were set to be always on top of the image window. Really kills usability on a 1280x1024 desktop and I shudder to think how much worse it'd be on a lower res. At first it looked like there was no way to fix it either but after some searching I found out how. The window management preferences are anything but self-explanatory

Not to mention that setting zoom still centers the view
    Try full screen! (F11)

Especially with a small screen.

The image fills the screen, and a double-tab will bring up all the toolbars. When you go back to working on the drawing they disappear.

Another tip for a small screen is to use one of the small icon sets, rather than the default.

-Rob A>

RobA or anyone else? are you able to get your tablet working with 2.6.2? I just got a new Tablet for my birthday and its awesome and huge 14" writing area! But it doesnt work in GIMP. It works beautifully with everything else. When I go into the input configurator, the name of my device is just a long long line of strange symbols...

Help I want to use my new toy!!!!

Ive looked around the net and cant seem to find anythign helpfull really.

Its an Adesso Cyberpad 14"

4000lpi
    1024 pressure
    A boat-load of hotkeys

Putting that in case it matters.

Thanks
    Terry

Post Mine works

Well my tablet is working, though if I open GIMP with my mouse and open a (new) image with my mouse the tablet aint working.

So try open GIMP with your tablet and open a (new) image with your tablet and try again

Did this help?
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

My Wacom Graphire also works with 2.6.2 although I need to use a slightly older set of drivers to avoid some freezing issues.

Have you tried using the tablet with an older version of Gimp, to see whether it is a version issue?

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    My Wacom Graphire also works with 2.6.2 although I need to use a slightly older set of drivers to avoid some freezing issues.
    Freezing in GIMP, or your whole computer? I've had a problem with my machine completely freezing periodically...

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Nope, its just that there is a lag with the response time of the pointer to stylus movements. It stops responding then goes jumpy. It's a known issue apparently but won't get resolved for a while so I just deal with it by using the older drivers that still just work.

On other notes the Window menu has stopped opening on my machine with the mouse - I can still get to it using alt-W but that's just weird. Only Gimp has this problem - all the other programs are still fine.

Back to tablet issues though, Nickademos - are you working on a Mac? There's an issue with the tablet sensitivity of the X11 framework on Mac OS X. Apparently there's a beta version (made by a guy who works at Apple) that does interpret tablet sensitivities.

Here's the link to the 2.31, but I'm sure there's a 2.3.2 beta somewhere. If this is the problem then let me know and I'll try to hunt it down with a bit more keeness.

Thanks Torstan, though im on windows and linux. I haven't bothered to try it on my Linux rig yet. Will do that today sometime.

I went back to Gimp 2.4.4 and it seems to be working now.. though it wont save the settings... So I have to reset them every time I enter Gimp.

I read everywhere so far and it seems gimp is lacking in the Tablet arena for anything other than Wacom.. Strange...

I personally had to go with the Adesso for pricing reasons. I needed the huge size so I could trace all my hand drawn artwork strait into whatever program im using. I have plenty pf desk space so I wasn't worried about that. I have USB extender cords hooked up to the computer the strung up through my desk. So when I get my tablet out I don't have to crawl down into the maze to hook it up..

Ill keep looking.. maybe something.. if not.. I guess I have to stick with photoshop until they fix this..

Thanks for your ideas!

Terry
    Last edited by Nickadimos; 11-11-2008 at 04:08 PM.

Post GIMP 2.6.3 is out

GIMP 2.6.3 is out, it contains a few more bugfixes.

Link for windows binary download

Link to release notes
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast