Thread: Legends of Ha-Stee

Guild Journeyer

Wip Legends of Ha-Stee

I am trying to pick up some of the projects that I left scattered around last year. This is one I will try to pick up, since I believe that it is not too far from getting finished. It is a continuation of a map that was developed for a challenge in June/July of 2014. The old thread is here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=27621

The idea behind this building is that there is a set of ruins being investigated by a cartographer/archeologist? He is trying to figure out if there is a link to a legend from a nearby warrior culture that deals with a convoluted administrative building (please do not ask my why a warrior culture would have that kind of a legend). So we are trying to create a link between a sword which has some kind of obscure directions on it with an actual set of ruins in this drawing.

I did a little bit to the layout just after the event ended, basically re-arranging the different elements to make the layout feel a little better. I was able to fit in the diagram in the upper right, but the numbers went a little wonky from too many rotations while I was trying to figure out the layout.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circle1-8b-11x17.gif 
Views:	160 
Size:	880.5 KB 
ID:	73452

As soon as I got all of this stuff squished on to the page I came across a website (can't find link now) with different kinds of East Asian swords/knives which I thought were much more interesting that the plain-jane straight thing I drew during the competition. So the next step for this will be to redraw the sword with a more exotic (to me) profile.

This looks really cool! Glad you are deciding to finish it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Journeyer

Wip Fist-ography?

Thanks Arsheesh!

A little progress. The website I mentioned before is here:

http://www.arscives.com/historysteel...nes.swords.htm

and there were almost too many cool ideas. In this iteration I am trying out a combination of two of the Katipunan examples. I want to change the symbols on the blade to a more exotic whirly type of inlay, but I need to figure out how that will look before I spend too much time making doodles. I also need to work the upper left image into the sword somewhere, since now there is a fist on the end of the pommel!

I also cleaned up the diagram a bit for now, but the '0's need to change, probably to just filled in circles or something.

I made an more circle-themed attempt at the title/border area, but I think I need to let the idea evolve a little more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circle1-10-11x17 (2).png 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	73540

Guild Journeyer

This one is done for now, finished map here:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...479#post277479