Thread: Generic Fantasy World Map

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Generic Fantasy World Map

Subject:

Greetings all. I am currently working on a homebrew D&D campaign and having a great deal of difficulty on my world map. I have tried several different programs and tools, but it has quickly become apparent that writing is my forte, not map making. What I am hoping for is a generic fantasy map with normal geographical features; rivers, forests, deserts, mountains and so on. Also, symbols to represent scattered villages, towns, cities and maybe colors to indicate kingdoms. I am not at all picky about any of it. All that I am hoping for is a few additions; Someplace on the map a symbol labeled “Your Fortress”, near the fortress 3 villages; Harken, Dendros and another village. Dendros and the other village separated by a lake with a single mountain at the southern end of the lake. Also, a section someplace (even an island) labeled “Lost Lands”. The rest of the map, if you already have a map made with everything labeled, that would work great.

Style:

I am just looking for a generic fantasy style map. I am not picky. More or less, as long as it is a map, I don’t really care. Lol.

Quality and size:

Being that it is a homebrew campaign, the quality doesn’t need to be professional or anything. In fact, if you already have one set up where you can add those few things that I need I would be perfectly happy with that. When it comes to size, I am using Roll 20 and due to the fact that I have no idea what I am doing with maps, I will leave that up to anyone who is willing to help me. I guess, just as long as everyone is able to see everything on the map and be able to read the labels when zoomed in is great! I am not 100% sure, but I do believe that a PNG image would be best?

Time Constraints:

Really? I am coming to ask for some help. There are no constraints. Like I said, I am just looking for a generic map with those few things on it, so I am not going to be profiting on anything other than my players knowing where they are and are going. So if it has to wait for a little bit, they can play without it.

Contact Details:

The best way to contact me is via my email – atcjb9519@gmail.com

I thank you for your consideration and look forward to working with someone. And by working I mean letting you do your thing and being very grateful for any and all help.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

I just want to reiterate, I am NOT looking for a professional quality map. Just something thrown together or something like that so that I can show my players where some key things are. I have NO idea how to do even that much. I just play some D&D online and will not be publishing or anything. I will give all credit and even watermarks are cool.

Hello,

If no one has contacted you on this I would be happy to give it a try. I'm not as experienced as anyone else on this guild but I could certainly have a go if no one else has offered!?

Wolram.