Thread: Southwest Helond by Scott2978

Default Southwest Helond by Scott2978

Hi,

This is both my first post here and my first finished map. I'm a GM for a group playing Pathfinder and I created this map of my first home brewed world. It depicts the southwest corner of the continent of Helond, in the world of Athera. I also developed about 40 separate nations each with their own backstory and sprinkled the world with interesting magical elements. The map was made in Photoshop in the same style as the Greyhawk map published in Dungeon magazine a while back. I used jezelf's tutorials which I found here on Cartographer's Guild to build the map using photoshop tools and added details from there. The actual map is huge, as a 60 meg PNG file it has trouble displaying at full resolution on some devices. Although I do consider this map "finished" I'm always adding and changing things as the campaign goes on. Enjoy, and please any comments, questions and suggestions are welcome of course.

Scott

EDIT: Sorry it took me a couple of edits to get the image linked right.

Link to the full size map on my site: http://diceandsteel.com/wp-content/u...est-Helond.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	West-Helond-1024x682.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	73513  
    Last edited by scott2978; 05-22-2015 at 02:17 PM.

That is a BIG map. Even with my fairly good internet connection that took a while to load.
    I think it looks pretty good Scott. Definitely reminds of old DnD maps that I loved.
    Hope to see more work in the future.
    Cheers,
    John

That is a nice archipelago you got here. I think you should go check this link: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3822

I agree with Azelor. You do have a number of improper river flows.
    Most of the ones north of Sea of Daggers and Sapphire Sea have issues.
    Didn't want to discourage you with the first comment.

Banned User

Nice map Yes you need to fix the rivers, but the overall look is attractive, good colors, nice textures, etc. Good job for a first map!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

What other people said Nice old hex looking map but some rivers need to be fixed.