Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from White Wolf's new Cartographer

Post Greetings from White Wolf's new Cartographer

Hi everybody,

I stumbled across this guild and it seems like a pretty cool one to join. My name's Terry and for the last two month's I've been illustrating maps for White Wolf's Exalted RPG. You can see my work in they're upcoming book, "The Compass of Terrestrial Directions, Vol. III - The East"

I'm also working on their next release, if anyone's interested I have some map illustrations on my site. http://terrymaranda.com/2008/07/14/m...t-cartography/

Anyway, it's nice to see that there's so many people interested in maps and I'm looking forward to comparing work and maybe some cooperative work

-Terry

Welcome to the Guild. I'm sure Arcana will be along shortly to slap an "Industry Professional" tag on to your profile. Hope you enjoy the community. There's a good mix of pros and amateurs in the Guild. Plus some amateurs that probably could make it as pros.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Greetings and Welcome the Guild Terry. We always like it when celebrities drop by, plenty of ohhh and ahhhh I look forward to seeing your advice around the forums....

OMG ... i just went to yer blog... Those are ... AWESOME maps...

do me a favor... just ... touch me on the hand... maybe... maybe some of that skill will actually transfer over to me
    You rock man... Keep those maps a coming!

Welcome to the Guild! I'm a long time fan of Exalted (although I've never been able to play :mad: ) and I've always admired their artwork and maps. Based on what I just saw at your site, you have taken their artwork to a whole new level those are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for joining and sharing your work. I look forward to seeing more and reading your comments and suggestions.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard! Glad to have you here.

Took a quick look at your site, fantastic work!
    Last edited by Steel General; 10-02-2008 at 02:31 PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, the maps on my blog, the black and white ones are Exalted, the colour are mine. Unfortunately they haven't ever asked for a colour maps yet, Hopefully one day.

What do you think of the existing map of Creation? I've always found the coloring to be very good, but the scale or symbols or something doesn't quite sit right with the style of map.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I've actually been working a lot with the existing Creation map, and if we're talking about the same illustration, it's good as far as telling where places are . I find the visuals need a bit of work, like the trees and volcano's, and the pen work is a bit sloppy. It's still pretty clear and straightforward, but you're right about the weirdness with the scaling.

-Terry

OOOOOOHHHHHH! I so can't wait to see your improvements. There is a project online, I'll have to find it, where the creator is mapping out every place that has appeared in all the Exalted material and I would love to see a really nice version of the Creation map to be able to really knock out an incredible map that could be printed and put up on a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerius View Post
    ...I'm looking forward to comparing work and maybe some cooperative work
    As you mention the possibility of cooperative work, have you seen the Cooperative World Building project section of the board?
    *crosses fingers and painfully tries the toes as well*
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast