Thread: Requesting a small region map

Default Requesting a small region map

<<EDIT: Please note that I do not need a detailed city yet, just the region map. See post #2 for more details and an example>>

Hello Cartographers!
    Im excited to post my first mapmaking request. Apologies if I miss something. Feel free to ask me anything and I will clarify ASAP.
    Thanks for your time to consider my request

Comission & Background info:
    I have several projects that need maps. Some personal for games, and some for publication.
    This one is paid. I dont have much money, but I respect the value of the work. I have several mini projects , so I will post them in individual requests and will start work first on with the one proposal that seems more convenient. Then depending on that, I hopefully can have enough for a couple others right away. lets see! Feel free to send me a PM to discuss it!

Subject and content:
    One Map. An island. I dont have a specific size in mind. I just have a few key locations around surrounding areas, but the exact shape of the island, city or location of landmarks is not very important, and I can send that to you in our pms. The island is not big but it needs to feature several geographic area types (the cliche ones, I guess, even if not geographically accurate, such as a few mountains, a desert, couple of rivers, forest and flat areas, etc. very typical for a layman fantasy player mindset)

Visual Style:
    Ill be frank, I love so many styles in these forums that Im not sure. I dont have a specific style request for this one, and will gladly consider among the styles that you feel personally confident with.

Quality
    I want it to be of a good quality, at the quality level you feel most confident in. Im reasonable, you know how much time and value you put into your different design styles, so feel free to offer me what you consider a good semiprofessional or professional quality, and based on that we decide how much detail I can afford. I will do as much as I possibly can.
    Resolution to be used in print (min 200dpi, maybe?)
    Raster. in PNG
    In full color.

Size
    Im not sure. Will print in at least letter sized paper, but I may print it larger or use digitally to zoom in, so whatever you recommend.

Time Constraints:

Whenever is finished Just let me know how much of a priority will this project be (or not be) in your schedule.

Rights:
    Copyright remains with cartographer. - But feel free to tell me if you have an upsale for the copyright or a preferred licensing model.
    I wish the rights to use the map and modified versions, online and in print.

Payment: I prefer paypal, but Im open to other methods if you recommend. Paying half upfront and hald upon delivery of final files, but let me know if you prefer something else.

Contact Details:
    A PM here would be very appreciated I will update this thread accordingly. Also, if you can let me know in a post its great too.

Thanks! Im excited to explore this together!
    Last edited by testador; 05-26-2015 at 08:45 PM. Reason: I defined the scope a little better

Thank you very much for your replies and PMs! I have now defined a little better the scope of this first map.

In this first map I will require only the region map. Basically an island with pretty much the complexity as in the following example:
    http://fantasy-maps.com/wp-content/g...ek_unnamed.jpg
    -(just imagine the two sections would be connected, but pretty much a similar diversity of geographic features)
    -Additionally, the visual style should be semi realistic or realistic, depending on you.
    -The shape of the island is completely up to you, as long as it seems realistic.
    -I would only need a few key locations such as a couple of towns, a main city, and some key landmarks in surrounding areas. These should be implied in the map, but of course not in high detail, just not dots. At that height there would be no single houses, but simple features and shapes only I imagine.

Everything from style, payment, copyrights, and workflow can be arranged. Im pretty flexible and friendly
    If you have any questions that would help me define the project better, please, let me know, as this is my first request and I want to make it as easy as clear as possible.

Let me know if you are interested: send me a PM or an email at micartero2 --at -- yahoo com (remove the -- and convert "at" to @)

Looks like an interesting project. Has this been taken yet?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Hi Jaxilon!
    It is still open.
    I'm very grateful of the awesome people that have sent me proposals so far, but yes, it is still open and I would love to talk about it.
    Thanks for your interest! Send me a PM