Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: October Entry: District Change

grr edit != bump

Quote Originally Posted by Notsonoble View Post
    grr edit != bump
    Sorry Notsonoble - That should be in the FAQ...

We would encourage every updated WIP to be a new post in the same thread. That way it is visible in the new posts search, as well as providing a trail so others can see the image development.

-Rob A>

The update wasn't all that progress based, I'd left a layer visible I didn't want when I made the last png.

Wip

Closer now... but I'm getting closer to only having the things I'm really not discovering ideas for.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	octwip.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	536.3 KB 
ID:	7277  
    Last edited by RobA; 10-23-2008 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Added WIP tag

Hmm... I was kinda hoping for some comments about this last progress pic. The park kinda spooks me on the rules of the challenge a little....

I think you need a smaller rock texture. Those rocks are huge in scale. I also have no idea what the blurry white round thing is supposed to be. I think you need to get all of your houses in the same style as the blue ones. You need to get rid of the white outlines underneath your areas/buildings or make sure they are completely hidden. You should also make sure to blend your grass with the road. I think your park looks okay.

Holy super-saturated colors! I love the concept here, but I feel a bit overwhelmed by the colors. That of course is a personal design aesthetic though,

On a more technical/nit-picky note, watch the consistency of light source. You building roofs' shadows seem a bit haphazard.
    Something witty and pithy

Gah, made major head way, and then left all the work on the machine at work.

I know I need to work on the cobblestone, I've been hunting for something on the side, but I think I'm just gonna break down and shrink the stone pattern in gimp... again...

The color has toned down the further I get and I may even go back and cut the color for the buildings down to just 3 color gradients or so. I kinda started with "detailed ptolus zone" style. Since it's the city map we use most often.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmpig View Post
    Holy super-saturated colors! I love the concept here, but I feel a bit overwhelmed by the colors. That of course is a personal design aesthetic though,

On a more technical/nit-picky note, watch the consistency of light source. You building roofs' shadows seem a bit haphazard.
    I know it's horrid of me, but I've not even payed attention to a light source...

I think I'm gonna endup saving this map and re-doing it over and over as I learn things... just as kind of a gauge.

Okay, yay vpn, and further along... note I HATE the green building that's supposed to be a temple... I'm really though... maybe i'll re-do it tomorrow. I've also shadowed the buildings, (straight down) but only to see if I like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	octwip.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	636.2 KB 
ID:	7316  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast