Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: [WIP] Dor-en-Ernil - The Land of the Prince: ...Yes, another ME map ;)

Happy new tablet! I found the tablet a little odd at the start, but once I got used to it, I couldn't imagine doing without it. I think you'll find your mountains and forests are soooo much easier to create with a tablet.

I'm interested to hear how get on with Krita. I've had it on my system for a while, and every now and then I open it and have a poke around. I usually end up going back to Gimp though, simply because I know it better and it's faster for me, but I really want to dedicate the time to learning Krita properly.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

No news from Middle-Earth but i thought it's time to "hijack" my own thread for posting a new episode of Abu Lafia's Krita adventures :

I made small map of a setting i had in mind some time ago: What happens if the oceans of a "pretty standard fantasy world" suddenly turn into blood? ... not very original i know ... the answer to this mystery might be found on the tiny island of "Sangura":

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sangura1.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	4.68 MB 
ID:	74532
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 07-02-2015 at 07:40 PM. Reason: damn those typos!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

Hello everybody, haven't been too active for a while now (i'm really looking forward to browse through all the great maps posted in the last weeks). Here is an update with the city icons all in their place. I started making individual icons for every city, but the prospect of dozens more to do somewhat let my motivation run low... I finally came up with the compromise to multiply five of the icons to have at least some diversity. So only some places will have individual icons now (Dol Amroth, Edhellond, Glanhir, Amrunaur). For the smaller settlements i made one new icon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DorEnErnilWIP14.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	74903
    (scaled down to 75% size...and still only 79% jpg quality ... next project will be a smaller map again)

Well it's not a lot of progress on the map, but having settled the issue (no pun intended ) i feel definitely more motivated now to continue working on the map.

Any kind of comments, suggestions, tips what to change/improve, critique, etc. is (as always) greatly welcome!

Cheers,
    AL

It's looking good, Abu. I love the little icons and don't blame you for not wanting to create dozens of different ones. I think what you're doing is a good compromise and gives a nice variety.

Is the tablet helping your process, now you've hopefully had some time to get used to it? I somehow overlooked your previous comment with the Sangura island pic, but I like it! Your mountains look fab.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456