Thread: May / June 2015 Lite Challenge: The Sacred Heirloom

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

Post May / June 2015 Lite Challenge: The Sacred Heirloom

Back in the day, when the party was level 5, D&D 3.5, an unusual party I must say, they decided that they want to get the Cecina village's sacred heirloom sword, the Dustien Blade. At that time they thought they were invencible, as no player character died from level 1 to 5.

They discovered that the blade was about to travel to Gardenburg, to the north, and the only way to make that trip was by boat, on the Mountain Throat's river, so they decided to make an ambush to get that sword.

There was a lot of places to make this ambush, but the only safe place was to the north, away from any village, on the riverbend where the river changes from northwest to north, and where they could simply run away from that place easly.

They did everything right, and they got the sword with a well planned ambush, but as a good DM that I was, the sword was cursed...

There is another ambush, a fail, that we tried (my brother as a DM), but that is for a battlemap, and I don't feel like making battlemaps yet, but I'll make when I'm more confident. (I tried to make this battlemap, but I really didn't like the results, so I changed to this one)

This is the second WIP of this map, the first one wasn't nice. I'll improve this map, with names and descriptions.

I don't know if the roads are nice for this map, or if I try something more "realistic" for them.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May - June 2015 Lite Challenge - 02.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	565.2 KB 
ID:	73768

Looking good JefBT

Well you're off to a fine start and I see you sneaked in some cliffs too LOL! Good stuff.

Looking forward to seeing what you do next.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"