Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harondor Another Middle-earth themed Map

Guild Journeyer

Wip Another Middle-earth themed Map

Deleted for lack of interest.
    Last edited by Galendae; 06-01-2015 at 11:51 PM. Reason: attachments

This is a fabulous piece of work and it's great to see yet another part of Middle Earth reinterpreted by one of the Guild members! You've obviously put a huge effort into this and it shows. Hopefully some others will have some pointers for you (sorry, I don't personally feel experienced enough to make suggestions, beyond checking the tutorials section), but I'm really looking forward to seeing this develop. I hope you'll post updates as you work on it.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Journeyer

Anyone know why the attachment thumbnails are all blurry? They are jpegs. They look ok when you click on them. I tried reloading higher rez versions, but still same thing. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries

Deleted for lack of interest.
    what on your part ?

as to thumbnails?????

without any information ... there is really Nothing to help with
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Hey Galendae, why did you remove your post?
    I recall seeing a number of images before. What happened?

I just signed in and saw this thread but I'm not sure what's happening :-(
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Journeyer

Ego was crushed....work on something for two years (off and on) and get one comment. I am a little too thin skinned. I will be fine. The Blurry images was likely on my part too, I will figure it out.

Hi Galendae. I can understand how your ego might be a little fragile after working for something for that long and not getting much feedback. Try not to take it personally. As the Guild has grown over the years we have a lot more people using our forums, more than most of us can keep up with. I used to try to give feedback to new members and returning members like yourself with a limited post-count. However these days I lack the time to do so. And the same goes for many people here. Heck, I've had maps that I thought were pretty decent that I posted in the finished maps section that haven't gotten any comments, so what does that tell you? Anyway, the best thing to do is suck it up, pick yourself off the ground and get back on that horse.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

this site is NOT reddit
    even there the world/map is a very very tiny fraction of a very small fraction of the users
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Hi Galendae. I can understand how your ego might be a little fragile after working for something for that long and not getting much feedback. Try not to take it personally. As the Guild has grown over the years we have a lot more people using our forums, more than most of us can keep up with. I used to try to give feedback to new members and returning members like yourself with a limited post-count. However these days I lack the time to do so. And the same goes for many people here. Heck, I've had maps that I thought were pretty decent that I posted in the finished maps section that haven't gotten any comments, so what does that tell you? Anyway, the best thing to do is suck it up, pick yourself off the ground and get back on that horse.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh,

I probably was premature in showing the work, not really ready. I told myself I wanted feedback, but in hindsight I wanted praise...I got neither. Back to the literal drawing board. I realize I have lots of work to make it presentable. Thank you too Chick Pea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast