Thread: Photoshop 7.0 Brushwork

NymTevlyn

Post Photoshop 7.0 Brushwork

Is there a way to create a single brush that randomly paints down from a list of of images?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Not in Photoshop. Paint shop pro does and so does Gimp.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

NymTevlyn

Bah. That sucks.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

You can always do what you need in Gimp... then put it in photoshop for the finishing touches... Many of the cartographer's here use more than one program to add elements to a map.... Sure it's nice when one program 'does it all' .... but look at it like this... at least you get to learn another program

NymTevlyn

I prefer to work in one application. It makes keeping everything straight easier.

Ya... I guess it would, but I hate limiting my options, If I can get something done better, easier or faster in another program... then I'm going to take that option. If a program doesn't do what I need or want it to do... I'm going to go out and find one that does... get it done and bring it back into whatever project I'm working on.

But that's just me... I'm ADD so bouncing around from one program to another feels normal lol

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm with you Del, for example, on this months challenge I downloaded 6 tree making programs just to see which one I like. I like to have lots of options
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I'm with you Del, for example, on this months challenge I downloaded 6 tree making programs just to see which one I like. I like to have lots of options
    Try PD particles... I got it as a free download a week or so ago, they were giving it away for a day, but it makes some really nice vegetation

http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Try PD particles... I got it as a free download a week or so ago, they were giving it away for a day, but it makes some really nice vegetation

http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/

On that note.. PD Arist is the free software for today..... grabbing now...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.