Thread: Fantasy-Fiction Map

Default Fantasy-Fiction Map

I was hoping somebody would be able to draw me a fantasy-fiction map for a book I'm writing. I'm not very good at drawing, but I made a mockup of the regions/towns I would like in the continent of Draisor (unfortunately as I'm not at home right now, I'm lacking a scanner and have had to take a picture with my webcam, lowering the quality further than what it already was)

http://i.imgur.com/c8AOsdJ.jpg (removed BBCode because the image was too big for the post)

As you might be able to see, it's an island with a couple of rivers running through it. From as West to East as I can make it, the regions are named as follows:

REGION TOWNS

Penriat
    Renar Desert - Tustin, The Dustbowl
    West Stuhna - Bandir, Kurath
    Gartugan Hills
    East Stuhna
    Feranir - Attor, Grusha
    Durak - Replin, Nuusa
    Plakarta - Nurott, Hashir
    Mensai Village
    Morigar Mountain
    Terianis - Upper Terianis, Lower Terianis
    Cantora - Finuil, Sinnu, Turar, Elgeroth
    Kalandar - Ridar, Koor
    Mariak Forest - Clear Path (though after drawing this I elected for it to be renamed Shrouded Path)
    South Valamar - Keestar, Sluta, Miranor
    Remandorn - Upper Rem, Rem Mine

Descriptions about each region can be found here: http://pastebin.com/1MmVfLkm

Draisor is an island and I would like the sea around the north western area (Renar Desert) to be called 'The Sea of Eras', the Southern area (Terianis) to be called 'The Sea of Plumas', and the Eastern area (Remandorn) to be called 'The Sea of Miras'.

In the mockup, I realised that I made all the regions almost too close together, and some woodland areas, mountains or caves would be ideal to break them up a little bit. I was thinking about this map being made in a similar style to the map of Middle-Earth, with a coffee-stained, archaic feel to it.

Many thanks to anyone in advance who can create this for me! I would like to discuss potential payment privately so pm me if you're interested
    Last edited by Korash; 06-16-2015 at 08:32 PM.

I can't see very well but I think you have some serious problems with your rivers. Rivers rarely split because they are flowing downhill. They should merge instead, unless it's a delta.

Guild Novice

Are you trying to represent the rivers as navigable water ways, otherwise like the other person who posted say rivers usually go downhill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned User

Hi Derivative,

You need to post your email address since no one can PM you for a while yet.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    I was hoping somebody would be able to draw me a fantasy-fiction map for a book I'm writing. I'm not very good at drawing, but I made a mockup of the regions/towns I would like in the continent of Draisor (unfortunately as I'm not at home right now, I'm lacking a scanner and have had to take a picture with my webcam, lowering the quality further than what it already was)

http://i.imgur.com/c8AOsdJ.jpg (removed BBCode because the image was too big for the post)

As you might be able to see, it's an island with a couple of rivers running through it. From as West to East as I can make it, the regions are named as follows:

REGION TOWNS

Penriat
    Renar Desert - Tustin, The Dustbowl
    West Stuhna - Bandir, Kurath
    Gartugan Hills
    East Stuhna
    Feranir - Attor, Grusha
    Durak - Replin, Nuusa
    Plakarta - Nurott, Hashir
    Mensai Village
    Morigar Mountain
    Terianis - Upper Terianis, Lower Terianis
    Cantora - Finuil, Sinnu, Turar, Elgeroth
    Kalandar - Ridar, Koor
    Mariak Forest - Clear Path (though after drawing this I elected for it to be renamed Shrouded Path)
    South Valamar - Keestar, Sluta, Miranor
    Remandorn - Upper Rem, Rem Mine

Descriptions about each region can be found here: http://pastebin.com/1MmVfLkm

Draisor is an island and I would like the sea around the north western area (Renar Desert) to be called 'The Sea of Eras', the Southern area (Terianis) to be called 'The Sea of Plumas', and the Eastern area (Remandorn) to be called 'The Sea of Miras'.

In the mockup, I realised that I made all the regions almost too close together, and some woodland areas, mountains or caves would be ideal to break them up a little bit. I was thinking about this map being made in a similar style to the map of Middle-Earth, with a coffee-stained, archaic feel to it.

Many thanks to anyone in advance who can create this for me! I would like to discuss potential payment privately so pm me if you're interested
    You cannot use the PM feature until you have made five posts on the forum, IIRC. Please provide an email adress you can be reached under.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    I can't see very well but I think you have some serious problems with your rivers. Rivers rarely split because they are flowing downhill. They should merge instead, unless it's a delta.

Quote Originally Posted by sensimelon View Post
    Are you trying to represent the rivers as navigable water ways, otherwise like the other person who posted say rivers usually go downhill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, daftly I drew rivers flowing fully through the continent. When I showed my friend, she immediately told me this was dumb, so I apologise for not changing it I'm using them, not as waterways, but as water supplies, so more realistically the water would be flowing down from the hills and the mountain into the regions so that it is glacial water rather than salt water. Thank you for pointing this out!

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Hi Derivative,

You need to post your email address since no one can PM you for a while yet.
    Oops, I had no idea! My email address is chill495@hotmail.com

This project has been taken