Thread: Eclipse Phase City Maps (Science Fiction)

Default Eclipse Phase City Maps (Science Fiction)

Hello, Cartographer's Guild. I'm Acatalepsy and I'm looking for some fairly unusual maps. As the title implies, these maps will be for Eclipse Phase, a Creative Commons licensed RPG by Posthuman Studios. You can pick up the books for free here if such suits your interests. As the title also implies, these are city maps, and Eclipse Phase has some unusual cities compared to your usual fantasy fare. So, following the guidelines helpfully posted on how to commission art at the top of this very forum -

Commission

This is a paid commission for at least one map, hopefully more if I like the first one. Payment can be via check or PayPal.

Subject

The subject is one of a number of cities in Eclipse Phase. The ones I have in mind (for now) are:
    • Valles-New Shanghai, a domed city on Mars.
    • Qing Long, an O'Neill Cylinder on the edge of the Main Belt
    • Octavia, an aerostat in the upper atmosphere of Venus
    • Erato, an underground cavern city built beneath the Lunar regolith.
    • Nyhavn, a frozen domed city on hazy Titan.

Other projects that might fall under this are the asteroid and cluster cities of Extropia and Locus, but I haven't figured out a way to make a satisfactory map of a zero-gravity city and am not going to request that someone else figure out a way (though if you do know a way, please contact me).

Unfortunately these places are not very detailed, topographically speaking. Most of them only have one or two features. A degree of imagination and interpolation is going to be required to make a useable map. I'm mostly ambivalent as to which particular one to start with; feel free to pick the one you think you can do.

Style

My initial inclination is toward something similar to the official art here or here, also displayed on this very forum here. I'm not looking for exact imitation; and really any simple, clean, futuristic art style with a similar color scheme would work.

Quality and Size

Each one may need to be larger than a page, possibly in excess of 2000x2000; but am not terribly confident and will probably need to discuss this and may vary by city. The level of detail needed is such that individual neighborhoods are distinct. Some of the cities will need side views or sublevel drawings.

Time Constraints

Time constraints are minimal, but if you can get to this sooner, I'll obviously prefer that to someone who can get to it in two months.

Copyright

Eclipse Phase is a Creative Commons game, and anything made for it is automatically Creative Commons; it cannot be used for commercial purposes, and Posthuman Studios must be attributed. I am not affiliated with Posthuman Studios in any way.

Contact

I can be contacted at acatalepsy dot meta at gmail dot com ; replace 'dot' with '.' and 'at' with '@'.
    Last edited by Acatalepsy; 06-14-2015 at 03:15 PM.

The request for Nyhavn has been taken.

Fantastic, I'm excited with this project. I really love the background of EP.