Thread: Map of the City (from the Thief videogame series)

Default Map of the City (from the Thief videogame series)

Introduction
    The Thief series, believe it or not, has never actually featured a comprehensive map of the City in which it's set. Since 2001, fans have attempted, in fits and starts, to figure out just how it all fits together, using the various maps from in-game missions as puzzle pieces. We're fans, though, not cartographers, and we lack the artistic ability to get this project over the final hump. I would see it finished, if it's in my power, and so turn to you.

Commission
    This will be a paid commission. Payment is negotiable and will be delivered via PayPal.

Subject
    To the best of our ability, this is a rudimentary sketch of how the City's laid out. If you really want to you can read through the entire 99-page post linked to above, but in all honesty this summary will probably serve you better in understanding how we came to this layout.

Style
    To borrow an image from your front page, something akin to this may be best: a top-down view with buildings represented by simple geometric shapes.

Quality & Size
    This map will need to be simple yet functional. Fans of the series are not just going to use but also modify it. Sections of the map representing generic buildings and such will need to be easily removed by said fans (in order to insert their own fan missions into the greater whole).

Time Constraints
    There are no time constraints. We've been at this nearly fifteen years... we can wait a little longer.

Copyright
    This project will fall under the Creative Commons license, specifically Non Commercial.

Contact Details
    I would be happy to discuss this project openly, here in this thread. I'd be interested to hear the opinions of those who are cartographers first, not necessarily Thief fans.

doc2000brown--at--yahoo.com
    (remove the -- and convert "at" to @)

Update for moderators: this commission has been taken.