Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dungeons and Dragons Writer

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome! And if the WotC mapmaker you envy is Mike Schley, then you're in luck, because it appears as if he registered here very recently.

In any case, there's an enormous quantity of talent here, represented by both pros and amateurs. I have little doubt you'll find what you're looking for.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I don't see the original post

?

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLotus View Post
    Thanks for making me feel welcome! First of all I'm planning to use Photoshop for my maps. Wizard's of the Coast mapper guy, who ever he is, uses Photoshop, so am I. So If there are any tutorials based on photoshop map making, can you place a few of those links in this thread? Thanks a Bunch....

Here is a town that I made, it's hand-drawn and then it was cleaned up within Photoshop. Please note, the map that is posted is copy-written for my purposes only, you can however use it for personal use provided that it not used in any published material. Preview of my next Module....

I really like this. My only complaint would be the hard blend from the mote outside the town. There is so much dead space and the texture does not match whats in the town. Perhaps a bit of greenery beyond the mote edges would help tone that done some.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm Interested in making my own textures within Photoshop. So if there are any tutorials on that subject, that is exactly what I need at the moment. In my last module I downloaded a bunch of royalty free textures that I used in my map creation. However, I really like to make realistic textures of my own. So if there are any tutorials out there based on that subject, please point me in the right direction.

Thankyou All

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...amless+texture

Here is a tutorial on making seamless textures. Hope that helps!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I make my own textures as well so I take a lot of pics of things like gravel, parking lots, tree bark, lightning, clouds, leaves, etc. Then I add some clouds layers and some lighting effects filters and some bevel/emboss. I don't have any directions I just experiment a lot like some mad scientist and see what happens to my brew.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Ya... the best way to get some textures of your own is to take pictures lie Ascension said, I do that quite a bit as well. Also, if you have Photoshop CS3, under the filters command you will find the Pattern Maker (alt+shift+ctrl+x) you can make all sorts of interesting textures and patterns that way...

Guild Journeyer

I smite thee with my sword of +1 rep. Nice map.

Photoshop has a big learning curve, but this is the place.

Guild Journeyer

I like this series, which I haven't had time to make it all the way thru or appreciate the nuances.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...bieNirvana&p=r

In case the link doesn't work, google for zombie nirvana games fantasy cartography and it will come up.
    I'm no photoshop wizard myself, but I suggest using the search feature of the site to find tutorials and links to tutorials.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast