Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: October Entry: Griffons Quarter

Wip October Entry: Griffons Quarter

Well this is my first try to create a town map actually so this should be a nice experience for me

This is my first WiP to give you an idea what I plan to do. Please feel free to comment. I'll try to give the town an autumn feeling.

The houses are from the Dundjinni forums as is the tree and the fences. I plan to use more of them.

The map itself is done in GIMP.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	October Challenge.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	6873  
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Hmm not a single comment so far... I hope that aint a real bad sign?

Anyways a small update, to show more of the idea behind.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	68 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	6958  
    My Map Challenge Entries

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

No not a bad sign at all, folks don't seem to be commenting as much on this months challenge.

I was waiting until I saw a bit more before I made any comments. I like what I see so far, nice to see a bit of autumnal colors.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

for an autumnal setting I would de-green the grass ground covering just a tad. Looks a little spingish

One does not get to use the word "Autumnal" enough
    Something witty and pithy

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

My back has been out for a few days so I've been here...just responding to anything overt sticking out. This is looking good but I'd shrink the texture of the pebble paths...they look to big to be a real pebble path. Nice job so far and maybe add some detail in the chimney smoke...some gray or something.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wip WiP Update

Ok, another update here.

I agreee Ascension, the pebbles were to big. I am gonna worry about those details like smoke at the end. I just wanted to add some to see how looks like.

In this WiP I added some market stands, I hope they'll fit in.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	73 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	7057  
    My Map Challenge Entries

This is turning out nicely Sage.

I think it would make more sense to have the market stands grouped around a central area or at least grouped closer together.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

wow lol, this was how i was trying to make mine look before i gave up on it (couldnt get anything to look right)

looks great
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    This is turning out nicely Sage.

I think it would make more sense to have the market stands grouped around a central area or at least grouped closer together.
    Heh SG, you know I thought exactly the same. Though I am not sure if I will solve it but not all buildings allready have a fixed location (like the fountain that I allready moved around).

My biggest problem is, that I dont wanna have a dominating market place and if I would group it up in the middle I guess that would happen.
    My Map Challenge Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenlicht View Post
    My biggest problem is, that I don't wanna have a dominating market place and if I would group it up in the middle I guess that would happen.
    Yeah, you are right about that, it was just an idea anyway. Stick with your "vision".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast