Thread: Fantasy Map for my country

Post Fantasy Map for my country

Subject:

Hello everyone, and thank you for taking the time to read my request. I sincerely appreciate it. I've tried a plethora of tools and programs and it has become very clear that map making is not my forte.

I'm part of a political simulator and need a map for my country: The Kingdom of Apraile.

What I am hoping for is a generic fantasy map with normal geographical features; rivers, forests, deserts, mountains and so on. Also, symbols to represent the provinces, which I have already outlined, perhaps labels for the names of each? I'm not picky about which is which, other than the largest, which goes by the name of Moneaux. I am not at all picky about any of it.

I am hoping for a few additions (Pretty please?). Someplace in Moneaux, a symbol labeled “Moneaux City” (which is our largest city) and a symbol in any other large province labeled "Tigran" (which is our capital). Also, if you could include the country name and a key somewhere, it would be greatly appreciated.

Style:

I am just looking for a generic fantasy style map. I am not picky.

Quality and size:

The quality doesn’t need to be professional or anything.

When it comes to size,if you could keep it to the original size or larger that would be great, but I will leave that up to anyone who is willing to help me. I am not 100% sure, but I do believe that a PNG image would be best?

Time Constraints:

There are no time constraints. I can do without the map for a while. I won't make any profit from the map, it is simply for the simulator.

Contact Details:

The best way to contact me is via my email – annalyce.whitworth@yahoo.com
    Or via text- 731-780-3692
    Please contact me with any questions or comments.

I thank you for your consideration and look forward to working with someone. And by that, I mean letting you do your thing and being incredibly grateful. Be creative and have fun with it.

I am interested, though I cannot promise swift results. In the interests of possibly helping out, I'd like to ask a few questions if I may?

1) What is the image you have already posted? It looks like a continental map, but it is unclear whether Apraile is on that landmass - or completely fills it. Also, are those blue lines rivers or borders? Assuming the lines are rivers, are you okay with having them redrawn?

2) Does your landmass have any of the following defined?
    i - Elevation: whether there are mountains, and how common they are
    ii - Climate: where in the world your kingdom is (how far north/south it is, and are there any other lands attached to it?
    iii - Neighbors: are there other kingdoms near Apraile? Are they (or have they historically been) hostile?
    iv - Demographics: who lives in your kingdom? Humans? Something else? A mix? If mixed, do they keep separate cities, or live intermixed?

3) What are the politics of your kingdom like? Is it run by a traditional feudal system, by a council appointed by the King, by a group of powerful merchants, or something else? This would affect the map.

4) Do you want the map to look like it was made by someone in the kingdom, by a foreigner, or by an omniscient-observer from another dimension (i.e., the artist). The perspective of a fictional mapmaker (if any) is relevant.

I look forward to seeing where this goes, it seems like an interesting project!

Hello! Thank you for expressing interest, and sorry for the delay!

To answer your questions:

1. Apraile takes up that entire landmass. The blue lines were sort of meant as borders between the provinces, which if you need the names of I will be happy to supply. However, they can be redrawn. I'm not picky about the placement of rivers as well. I'm happy to see what you decide!

I. There should be a mountain range near the center lake and the island above the continent, though there can be more if you desire.
    ii. I will provide the current world map in the morning to show you its location. I must contact Nord for the picture. It's in the Southern Hemisphere, far west. Right below it is an island named Twaimz. The map doesn't show that.
    iii. Twaimz, to the southwest. Sworn enemies. The only reason we avoid war is because of the country to our north.
    The Altarian Empire, neutral, the only reason we haven't gone to war with Twaimz. They are kind of the world police.
    Larsland, just to the east of the Altarian Empire. Neutral.
    iv. The country consists of all humans. There is a nomadic tribe that lives in the mountains near the center though. Pagan. They are hostile towards the crown.

3. Monarchy, with a traditional feudal system.

4. Either someone in the kingdom or an omnipresent stranger. I feel a foreigner would not know our land well enough.

Please feel free to contact me with any more questions. Thank you for your consideration

Default World Map

http://i.imgur.com/08he0Yg.png
    This is a map of our work, Talo Balka.
    I only really need a map of Apraile, but if you need to include segments of other countries, I gave a short explaination in the last message.

The small island to the south west of Apraile that looks like part of my country isn't. That is Twaimz. Hostile. The leader, Ezra, is the cousin of Apraile's Queen Krea.