Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raedirk Freehold

Guild Member Facebook Connected

This looks great! If you've worked out this much, how many villagers does the freehold have? There's a whole lot of farmland, but I only counted about twenty houses plus the outlying buildings outside the palisade.

(I came down with some serious world-building disease, so I'm a lot more curious about population than I usually am. )
    Moonflowers is about an Irish guy, an American girl who ends up living with him, and the dog they rescue. Who is secretly the girl's presumed-dead father.

...Yeah, it's that kind of story.

And by story, I mean "fairy-tale."

And by fairy-tale, I mean "the unsettling kind."

I hadn't actually put it in to concrete numbers but here I go. The village originally consisted of fourteen households within the current wall boundary at an average of about eight people per household plus another dozen or so homes scattered outside the current wall. So originally about 280 people.

The current village consists of the fourteen households plus twenty one roughly built shacks (the small square buildings). I'd say the current average building now houses about ten people. So that would be roughly 350 people.

The shacks were built to accommodate people from houses outside the current wall as well as refugees from Argot. No one lives outside the wall anymore because they tend to occasionally end up dead or missing if they do. =P
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Sounds solid! Thanks for answering, and I'm looking forward to more progress on this map!
    Moonflowers is about an Irish guy, an American girl who ends up living with him, and the dog they rescue. Who is secretly the girl's presumed-dead father.

Ok now that it is no so unbearably hot today I have managed to finish all the linework. Now on to the colouring part!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raedirkfreehold_WIP.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	394.5 KB 
ID:	74521  

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

To see your village maps develop is always a feast for the eyes, Larb! The palisade/rampart indeed looks spectacular.

Busy week but I got most of the structures done and some shadows.

Views:	100 
Size:	368.5 KB 
ID:	74728  

Color! I love how the still-inhabited buildings are so clearly different from the abandoned ones!

Guild Apprentice

Love the map so far! In particular I like the detail on the roofs of the buildings; I was just trying to figure out how to make a good tile texture recently, so this gives me some inspiration. Your coloring is also quite nice, since it's more than just blocks of shading. The linework is clear and communicates well. Man, what's not to like?

Really liking the look of it so far, great job.

A large portion of it is done now. Trees, river, fields, and some details to do. Then the labeling!

Views:	105 
Size:	379.2 KB 
ID:	74750  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast