Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Putting myself though a Blender

Blog Entries

I have been having a blast now. I dont know every key stroke for sure. That will probably take months or years to know everything there is to know about this large and powerful app but I think I have enough of the gist of it now to be able to do most of what I was doing in LW. Its taken about 4-5 evenings of quite hard ice chipping to break it out of the mystery and I have some background experience of these sorts of apps so gauge it by that yardstick.

I hope that I have shed at least some light on what to do with it and that might make the uphill transition a bit easier.

Heres my render from fixing up my mesh and getting some ground texture in like I did in my Oct Challenge. Ill add this pic to that thread and I might now re-render that challenge entry based on these new tools at my disposal.

I'll answer any questions as best I can but I think my blog is done. I havent learned much more - I did a bit with material indexes on the ship which was pretty much as expected. Just more of the same tonight and getting more comfortable and familiar with it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool beans!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Bit of a thread ressurection here but I know I (and many others here) have bitched on about how bad the UI is in Blender for an app that is obviously so powerful and clever under the bonnet. Well, today is a new release with new UI.

http://www.blender.org/development/r...s/blender-257/

So if anyone has any time to try or experiment with it and report on how this is different from previous UI then I'm all ears. I kinda really want to like Blender but just cant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123