14 100.00%
  • Harbour on Rusted Metal by Wolram

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** June 2015 Challenge Voting - The Map and the Canvas***

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Default *** June 2015 Challenge Voting - The Map and the Canvas***

This month's challenge was to make a map that must relate in some ways to the canvas it's drawn on. We had some great ideas and nice maps from contestants and now it's time to vote!

The voting will last 3 days and will end on the 5th of July. Don't forget to spread some rep and vote for the map(s) you like!

June 2015 Challenge thumbnails

I think I was the last participant to join this month's challenge, but it turns out that I'll be the first one to comment on it :-)

It's good to see that the wise choice of the theme sparkled the imagination of the cartographers into a variety of original artworks.

"Atlas of Wonders - the Tomb of Kerriden" by - Max -: Beautiful, inspiring, and professional. Just by looking at it, one can feel the texture of those worn pages and smell the leather of the covers... Ah, and I have to do this (looking at the Atlas): "The Seven Gates of the Crystal City".

"Ferrous" by lostatsea: Cool idea, but what really shines on this map is the texture of the title font. The dwarven kingdoms all over the worlds would pay generously to such a fine cartographer.

"Harbour on Rusted Metal" by Wolram: I know that the author had problems with the rusted metal plate, but I still like how the coastline of the harbor has turned out. Given enough time and enthusiasm, this could be one great map...

"Oriental Silk Map" by chick: Really pleasing to the eye. The subtle colors and lines convey nicely how it feels to paint on such a delicate material.

"The Isere Valey" by Francissimo: Of all participants in the Challenge, Francissimo had the hardest task - to represent the map in the contemporary medium. He did a great job, more with a bunch of humorous twists to this hyperrealistic artwork. (Ok, the battery's on 67%, I have enough time to figure out the route to that alien base).

To avoid the bias, I won't vote for anyone, but, please, have the pieces of the rep cake...

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Had to give my votes to Francissimo and S.Teclex. I try not to vote for more than two, and those were the most worthy in my humble opinion. I was able to rep everyone except Max though (who's had more than enough rep from me already lately. ).

Lot of good maps this month, and with really different approach of the subject! i've been in the guild for more than a year and i'm still amazed by the inspiration you can find here. Congrats to the challengers, it's a pleasure to compete with inspired cartographers, i'll rep if i can.
    ps: and thx for the kind comments, votes and rep!
    Last edited by Francissimo; 07-03-2015 at 07:11 AM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Congrats to all the contestants and to Shall Teclex for a well deserved win! I'll get your shiny golden compass shortly

A perfect perspective and a very good overhaul feeling, your map looks like a real lontar Shall, congrats for you win (and thx for your comment, it wasnt too long)
    Last edited by Francissimo; 07-05-2015 at 01:26 PM.

I just came home, only to discover a brand new compass on my cartographer's shelf Funny thing, I never owned a compass - not to mention a golden one - so this one is really special to me. It was great working along with you, guys, as much as looking at your finished maps - I really enjoy the diversity and originality of artworks presented in this challenge.

Thank you all for your votes and for the feedback on my work!

Is there a challenge planned for the month of July?

Not that I can guarantee I will participate but I was just wondering.

Congrats Shall Teclex, well done and deserved.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Congrats!

Oh my, we're nearly halfway through the month already...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast