Thread: The "Beach"

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Help The "Beach"

Hello all. I've yet to pick up a mapmaking program so I'm posting to see if I can get someone to do a map for me. I'm placing my players on a beach like area. I will give a little bit of info and let someone use their own creativity past that. So I have a city that is roughly the size of a city like nashville. the city is backed up against a cliff that from the highest point in the back of the city is a nine mile driop. Over the ages a lake of some size has formed with a "beach" up against the cliff face. The city sewer system lets out through the cliff face and drains down. I thought perhaps on the non city side there would be a cave complex created by water runoff from the lake.

I appreciate any kind of help folks are willing to give.

Thanks,
    Tod

Blog Entries

So I have a city that is roughly the size of a city like nashville. the city is backed up against a cliff that from the highest point in the back of the city is a nine mile driop
    is this a "SUPPER Earth " ?
    with a VERY thick atmosphere ( very foggy on the ground )

normal humans can not live at a 9 mile altitude ( nor even breath )
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

No it's not a super earth. The city itself is slightly above sea level. The cliff goes down into the earth so the body of water is like an underground lake or sea

It's a closed basin like the Caspian sea, below sea level. But if that is the case, it's not possible to have water flowing down from the lake. Well maybe, I'm having trouble to visualize it.

No. I can see the disconnect. I'm thinking this isn't a closed basin on all sides. The beach is on the side of cliff or hole if that's easier but on the opposite side the sea continues on underground. So if your sailing on the sea away with beach at your back after awhile looming ahead of you would be a yawning gap in the rock walls hundreds of feet above your head and stretching farther than the unaided eye can see to each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm now debating as well there being a settlement of some kind of largely underground race on the shores of this side adjacent to the cliff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has this project been taken? If so I'll go ahead and move this thread to the archives.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh