Thread: The Continent of the Witcher series

DwarfChieftain

Post The Continent of the Witcher series

My 4th complete map and this time I tried to stay away from Saderan tutorial for as much as possible as it's been holding my hand every time. I used some textures for nicer transitions and angled strokes for overall appeal. Critique and feedback

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rRJqaAN.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	887.4 KB 
ID:	74592

I just finished playing through the first Witcher game a few weeks ago. It has a very interesting setting.

It is a nice map but my main critique is that the small place names are difficult to make out. I find myself having to lean in to read them. A stronger outer glow might help with that. Also it might be worth centering the block of heraldry in the top right. It looks a bit odd with the empty space along the bottom and right.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

DwarfChieftain

This forum doesn't allow to attach files that big, so I had to compress the image. Here's the DeviantArt link for full resolution: http://dwarfchieftain.deviantart.com...-Map-544697721

Ahh yes - it is perfectly readable on the full size version. Although the border looks slightly blurry.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Nice map, with a good choice of colors and mix of textures. I think you should tune down or remove the texture effects in your key. You have some cool heraldry stuff here, and it's partly blurry due to those effects.