Thread: New Hovis Ad

Post New Hovis Ad

In these parts, it is widely recognised that the best television advertisement produced in Britain has been Ridley Scott's Hovis advertisement made back in the '70's

They've just gone one better.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

That is a very well done commercial.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Very nice. I did a :30 ad for a church's 75th anniversary along the same lines, but I had to make do with a lot of stock footage because I had no budget at all. They complained about the US$350 I charged, even though that made my work worth less than the $15/hr I was getting for freelancing at the time. Churches... sigh...

Anyway, it's nice to see what an agency with proper resources did with that concept. Way better than my little ad.

'Course, I'm no Ridley Scott, either!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Minor threadjack-

If you are interested in advertising, there is a great radio program (available online now) called "The Age of Persuasion" by Terry O'Reilly

I have linked the CBC website where you can listen to old shows. The show has an admittedly North American bent, with the differences between Canadians and Americans is also discussed at times, but the case studies he pulls from tend to be international.

(I downloaded the whole series and was listening to them while commuting)

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    So let's have a look at it then!
    Eeesh. I did say I was no Ridley Scott, right? heh. I'll see if I can't find the DVD and convert it to something net-friendly. No promises, though; I've just moved, and I'm not entirely sure I know where the disc is.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

That is an awesome ad!

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Very nice. I did a :30 ad for a church's 75th anniversary along the same lines, but I had to make do with a lot of stock footage because I had no budget at all. They complained about the US$350 I charged, even though that made my work worth less than the $15/hr I was getting for freelancing at the time. Churches... sigh...
    As an ex-minister / nonprofit guy and part-time freelancer, let me just say I can totally emphasize with you. But, I won't get into ranting here..
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.