Thread: Completion of Custom Map

Default Completion of Custom Map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	worldgen1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	820.2 KB 
ID:	74637
    Subject
    This is a world map of a custom RPG I'm collaborating with other game masters on as a Homeworld of sorts. Earthlike planet that does not have any thing set in stone, but looking for mountain ranges, tundras, deserts, and plains.

Style

I really like Arsheesh's style (http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=18280) but I feel without someone knowledgeable beside me or able to chat, I can't progress much past making clouds i think would be acceptable. (Perhaps 4000x2000 px is too big, but I want to zoom in)
    I'm looking for something very similar to that style, or if anything someone who has done a number of maps to be able to discuss over Skype where I'm going wrong.

Quality & Size

Professional as it can be, but not required for printing. May be used on private Obsidian Portal campaign.
    4000x2000px dimensions

Time Constraints

No current time limit, I'd love to get better at cartography, but I need to start smaller. The sooner we get a atlas map, the sooner my brain can fill in world building gaps.

Copyright
    Artist can retain copyright of finished image.

Tip: Willing to tip according to amount of time put in to adding what is requested. I can handle roads, labels, keys, and other map details.

Contact Details
    lordkazzy --at-- gmail --dot-- com

I'll follow the thread since I can't receive PM's (I've been on the forums quite a bit the last year, just never had anything to post about) But everyone here does such great work I couldn't think of any other place to ask for someone's time or talent!

The features don't quite match the scale, but it's not too bad for 15 minutes of work:

Name:	a1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	359.3 KB 
ID:	74640

Hooray for the V2 shader in Wilbur! Now if I'd only get the mirrored latitude thing working properly...

Blog Entries

i thought the vertical noise artifacts in that mask looked a bit familiar
    http://donjon.bin.sh/world/

The vertical striping in the north west quarter stands out
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Faulting algorithms always do look a little odd, don't they? Some folks seem to like that kind of output, though.

Yeah the website to my knowledge was the easiest way to create an atlas style map and I also agree about the noise being too ridiculous. I haven't delved much into methods beyond general knowledge. I appreciate the expedient work though Waldronate! Do you require a tip for your time and services?

No tip required. You'll see the limitations of what I've done soon enough. And I forgot the rivers:

Name:	a2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	450.8 KB 
ID:	74641