Thread: Need help to complete mountains on my map - Atlas / Satellite Style

Post Need help to complete mountains on my map - Atlas / Satellite Style

Hello dear cartographers,

It's been a while since I have been following this forum, trying to found a tutorial that would teach me a way to do my own maps by myself. I found Ascension's Atlas Style quite interesting, in fact, it's the tutorial I was currently following to complete the map I am working on now. However, in order to complete all the steps, we need specific tools that are unavailable in Photoshop Elements (for example, the Select -> Color Range). I still managed to do something that I'm quite proud of, since I don't really have any artistic talents and it is the first time that I've come this far in the mapmaking process. Here is a screenshot of what I got done for now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_Map001.PNG 
Views:	51 
Size:	872.1 KB 
ID:	74733

It's an earthsized world with very similar biomes. I know the continents are a little bit too big, but that's the style I want. It looks rather simple for now, because as you can see, there is no mountains. I can't get them done right, either because my software doesn't have the tools to let me follow a tutorial until the end (I'm looking at you, Elements -,-) or because I'm too artistically challenged to draw some top-down mountains like this : [URL="http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=16819#post173184[/URL]

So, if any cartographers out here is kind enough to do me a favor by completing these top-down mountains or to show me the right way to do it in Elements, I'd be the happiest person on the entire planet! Here is another screenshot of the map showing where I'd want the mountains to be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_Map001_Mountains.PNG 
Views:	36 
Size:	879.5 KB 
ID:	74735

Style
    It just need to fit the atlas / satellite style the map have.

Quality / Size
    It really doesn't need to be professional, nobody will see this map, except me and probably my parents when they are around
    For the size though, I would like it to keep it that way (4000px/2000px) with the resolution of 300ppi, since I will probably print it (for personal use only)

Time Constraints

There is none! I'm not forcing anybody to do this, I want to be done on a volontary basis. After all, if you help me with this, you deserve to be free of limitations.

Copyright

I don't really know how to solve this one out, because both of us will have done some work on it (and I will most probably continue to edit it for rivers, labels etc.), so what I suggest, is that the cartographer keeps the copyright of the final product. The map will be used for personal uses only, as it is for a personal writing project and I don't intend to publish it. If I change my mind, I'll recontact the cartographer and we will discuss the matter together.

Contact Details

You can contact me via altex_28--at--hotmail.com or via zoombira--at--hotmail.com. You can also reply to this thread if you have any questions or comments

Thank you for taking the time to read this request, I really appreciate it! I hope to talk to you soon!

PS : If you have any suggestions on how I might improve my work, you're welcome to comment any constructive comments, I'm always glad to read others' opinions

EDIT: I forgot to mention that if anyone is willing to work on this request, I will provide the .psd file of the map by email.
    Last edited by GuiltySpark; 07-13-2015 at 07:41 PM.