Thread: WIP - Glenarm

Wip WIP - Glenarm

It's been a while since I've posted anything but here we go, this is a small human settlement in my new D&D 5E campaign which will serve as the home base for our part of PCs. It is a good size town which main purpose is aggregating mining, farming and other items from the surrounding area to be sent up or down the river to the rest of the region. It is relatively well guarded with 5 companies of guards the high ground across the river is home to one of the largest churches in the realm and the home of Lord Glenarm, a duke of the kingdom. The town is known for it's large plazas and numerous fountains.

I couldn't have made this without information from 100 different tutorials and brushes/preset ideas posted on the forums here, but if anyone has any questions how I produced anything on this please let me know!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Campaign - Region 1 - Glenarm.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	74836

Guild Journeyer

Default Shadows and Circulation

An interesting settlement! The circulation feels pretty good, but I would like to see the road coming in from the West connect directly to one of your main plazas.

What else are you planning to do with this map? I feel like right now the biggest missing piece visually is the lack of shadows on the ground, which makes the buildings and the river feel a little flat. I think the building shadows and shadows along the banks of the river will help make things pop!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

I'm assuming that's not a Christian church, it's pointing the wrong way