Thread: Island map for unpublished fantasy novel

Help Island map for unpublished fantasy novel

(TAKEN)

Howdy Cartographers,
    My wife and I have written a fantasy novel that we are currently fine tuning before circulation for publication. We would like to commission a map of the book's main location for use on our website / blog. I contacted Herwin Wielink (http://fantasy-maps.com/) and he is quite busy, so he directed me here for help.

I have used mapping software (Campaign Cartographer) to create a draft of the map, but I am not very good at it and hope that someone on this site can help.

Setting:
    The island of Thylen, the primary location for our books. The concept is Iceland plus the fjords of Norway – it is a volcanic island with the cities hugging the coastline (with one exception.)
    I have attached the draft that I made
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thylen.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	74911

as well as an artist’s rendering of one locale for flavor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b4.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	538.4 KB 
ID:	74912

Style:
    I would like a stylized overland map that includes a few titled features and the location of major cities, but would much rather have fewer tags and focus on the land itself.

I love the style of Herwin’s Snowstorm map and would be looking for something in a similar style. I am definitely open to other options if you have an interesting idea.

Herwin Wielink
    http://fantasy-maps.com/wp-content/u.../snowstorm.jpg

Number of maps:
    One overland map showing points of interest in the area.

Technical:
    Planning for primary use on web site and blog.
    300 dpi minimum. Jpg, tiff, or png files
    Full color

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    We retain the right to reproduce the map on the website, blog and potentially other promotional material for the book series. All uses will reference the original cartographer. There are no plans to utilize the map in print.

Deadline:
    Flexible. We will continue to embellish the website over time, so there is no strict deadline for this.

Payment:
    Negotiable. Unsure of what the going rate is for a project like this and I am willing to discuss rates. I prefer PayPal for any transactions.

Contact
    Bill Burton
    billbur(at)microsoft(dot)com
    Last edited by billbur; 07-25-2015 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Contract has been taken

Job has been taken - thanks to all who replied.