Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: July / Aug 15 Lite Challenge: The Peninsula

Lovely map ChickPea, it is all so simple and elegant, yet works perfectly!

-Dan

Very unique style on this on ChickPea. It's clean, simple and handsome. A nice one for your portfolio.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Splendid job ChickPea.
    The grey does read better.
    However I think you could get the non-grey to read as well if the coast lines were done with a heavier line weight.
    Well, a thicker and darker line, that is. I would love to see how that would look.
    I think you would have a much better contrast and visual impact that way. It would also be a nice option to offer a client.

Very nice and very well done!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

What a lovely map. Like people said before, the contrast is awesome and gives a kind of life to the map.

I'll see if I can get on the next chal too, I miss mapping...

Sorry for the delayed response to recent comments. I've been absolutely buried this week, so it's heartening to read some positive feedback. Thanks everyone for your nice comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    I do have one question, though, as I'm not quite sure: are the duchies part of the kingdom (I assume from the map title) or is it just the island that is the kingdom (which seems possible after reading the Isle label)?
    My idea goes like this... Although the island of Lios is small, they worship a god who considers the population to be his children and He's destroyed their enemies in the past. Even the commoners on the island consider themselves a class above, and the rulers even more so. Corruption and abuse of power is rife. Naturally, they're hated and feared throughout the peninsula, but the leaders of the remaining Duchies spend their time fighting each other instead focusing on their common enemy. Meantime, in the deep south, they're claiming a new god has arisen, one who'll protect all the people of Ros Lios...

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Splendid job ChickPea.
    The grey does read better.
    However I think you could get the non-grey to read as well if the coast lines were done with a heavier line weight.
    Well, a thicker and darker line, that is. I would love to see how that would look.
    I think you would have a much better contrast and visual impact that way. It would also be a nice option to offer a client.
    Thanks, J. I'll try it with a thicker outline, just to see what it looks like but I'm going to have to go with the grey background for the purposes of the challenge. Won't have time to poke about tonight and Bogie will be closing the entries later on today. I did still kinda like the white background, and maybe just a bit more visual separation of land and sea was all it needed. Oh well, too late now!

JefBT, yeah, I'm hoping to see you in one of these challenges again soon! Get right on it!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

I'll try to get on the next one, probably next to september. I also need to finish my last map, as my mind can't be quiet while it's still an open WIP. Thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123