Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Gods World

Default A Gods World

Wow, it's been so long since I've posted something - it feels very weird.
    But, here is something that I've been working on recently, hopefully it reminds people that I do exist

The name is undecided, so I titled it this instead. The world is something that me and my friends used a game to create "YAAG" You-Are-A-God, where you are given a few points a round and you can use those points to create stuff. Needless to say, I created the look of the overall world quickly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yaag World mountains and rivers.jpg 
Views:	658 
Size:	4.20 MB 
ID:	75003

There are a few things I want critique and opinions on, how the snow should be handled, and how tress should be handled. and anything else that you guys think should be overhauled.

Those mountains are delightful. I'd suggest "blog-style" forests (where the whole forest is one shape as opposed to a bunch of tree shapes) and shoot for that soft, painterly look that serves the mountains so well.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Dude! You're back! And with an awesome map.

1. The landmass shapes are very cool.
    2. The mountains (as always with you) are also cool.
    3. I agree with GWN about the forests. It seems like the only way you can still show the rivers.
    4. I love the art in the lower corners. Am I right in thinking they represent Autumn and Spring? Are Summer and Winter going up top?

Great map EE, nice to see you back.

Welcome back! Nice colors. I agree with Diamond on all points. Look forward to seeing an update.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I'll just borrow some of the stuff Diamond said, because it reflects my reaction pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    You're back! And with an awesome map.

1. The landmass shapes are very cool.
    2. The mountains (as always with you) are also cool.
    3. I love the art in the lower corners.
    Maybe the blur/haze-ish quality (especially around the mountains) can be dialed down a bit? That's the only thing i am not that fond of.
    Looking forward to where this is going.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Awesome map already! As previously stated, the land shapes and mountains are excellent. And I also would love to see the top corners adorned with those cool pictures .

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    I'll just borrow some of the stuff Diamond said, because it reflects my reaction pretty well.

Maybe the blur/haze-ish quality (especially around the mountains) can be dialed down a bit? That's the only thing i am not that fond of.
    Looking forward to where this is going.
    I assume you mean the coloring of the landmass?

And thank you guys for all the encouragement, should start working on it later today or tomorrow

Good stuff. Agree with all on the trees. One thing that I'm sure you will adjust as you go, the border is a bit intense for me. Probably because there are no other labels and symbols, but it is much heavier than the elegance of your landmass and mountains.

I love the alpine lake in the northwest. Definitely make sure your trees and snow are compatible with that area!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast