Hello everyone,

I been interested in cartography for a while now. I have played D&D since 1981. I've had long periods of not playing because of work, but now I'm going back to college. I've signed up for a Computer Graphics course with Photoshop this Fall. I've used Photoshop since 3rd edition. I've been trying other programs like, Blender, SketchUp, Gimp, and AutoDesk. I downloaded DAZ 3d and was thinking of getting Bryce too. I saw that Anna B Meyer used Bryce.

I'm also interested in creating authentic maps of Omaha Beach, Normandy, France of the D-Day operation. My grandfather was part of the first wave and part of a Navy special unit. He was trained as a Naval Combat Demolition Unit member, he was there before the others came in to destroy the obstacles ob the beach so the boats could land. I am hoping to use LiDar data that the French government has available of the preset coast line. It is in raw data point cloud format. I have to learn how to get a skin on the z plane. Then I can start rendering it in Blender. I can use Photoshop to make the skin to lay on the z plane.

I hope to chat with people here soon.

See you soon.