Thread: The beginnings of my fantasy world: Atlernas

Guild Novice

Map The beginnings of my fantasy world: Atlernas

This is the beginnings of my new fantasy world "Atlernas", I have went through about 20 maps before I made this one, trying to perfect my technique using Photoshop. It has taken awhile but i finally got a map that I am very proud of. It isn't really accurate in how worlds maps are, with the mountain ranges and such. but I have reasons and background on why the ranges were formed the way they are, using the world mythos to explain why they are where they are located. It is a work in progress and still needs the rivers and city, towns and ruin icons added. So if you would like to give any advise or to just let me know what you think, feel free to do so. I made everything on the map except the compass which I borrowed and got from a Google search, but if I remember right it was actually created by some one on this site. So please forgive me on not remembering. If the owner of the the compass comes forward, I will gladly give credit where credit is do (I borrowed it mainly, well because it is very cool). I will replace it as soon as I make my own. So I hope you enjoy this sneak peek at my world and as parts get completed, I will share more pictures of the map here. It is a 30 x 27 inch Map.

PS: On a side note, a friend of mine told me it reminded him of Pangaea, before the continents separated.

Attachment 75063
    Last edited by Andrilellen; 08-01-2015 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Map wasn't showing