Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lands of Gaia - fantasy map commission

Banned User

Default The Lands of Gaia - fantasy map commission

This map was commissioned by Frank Holtham for his private use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gaia by Cornelia Yoder.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	75084

Oh, this looks very nice! Too bad it's so tiny. Any chance for a higher resolution of this? Maybe Mr. Holtham is reading this and agrees/allows you to post a high res. image ?

Anyway, a cool new style you have there, chick! If i can, I'll rep. you. I very much like the continental shapes.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Oh, this looks very nice! Too bad it's so tiny. Any chance for a higher resolution of this? Maybe Mr. Holtham is reading this and agrees/allows you to post a high res. image ?

Anyway, a cool new style you have there, chick! If i can, I'll rep. you. I very much like the continental shapes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Well done.
    Thank you both very much

@Eilathen: I'm not sure why you think the map is tiny, but when I open in new window, it comes up nice and large and high res.

You're right, i'm sorry. Tiny is very much exaggerated ^^ But it still does pixelate long before i am satisfied with the detail of the zoom i can attain. And just to be clear - it's an honest wish because i like to look at continents in more detail. I am not complaining or anything! Just thought i'd put it out there and maybe the customer will give his consent for a higher res. version (if there is such a thing at all ^^ ).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    You're right, i'm sorry. Tiny is very much exaggerated ^^ But it still does pixelate long before i am satisfied with the detail of the zoom i can attain. And just to be clear - it's an honest wish because i like to look at continents in more detail. I am not complaining or anything! Just thought i'd put it out there and maybe the customer will give his consent for a higher res. version (if there is such a thing at all ^^ ).
    Oh, there was no problem, I wasn't objecting to your statement, just surprised and concerned there might be a glitch of some sort.

Looks really good chick. The textures on the landmasses are quite nice - would love to know how you did those.

Beautiful work. The colors are quite lovely, and the textures look great.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Beautiful work. The colors are quite lovely, and the textures look great.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpes View Post
    Looks really good chick. The textures on the landmasses are quite nice - would love to know how you did those.
    Thank you both very much! The textures are done with a fractal image of light to dark fractal shapes I created with Ultrafractal, then using different blending modes in Photoshop to merge that into a basic color.

Very nice map Chick! I really like the general feeling/colors. The land shapes are well done too. I would just have done something to emphasize the coast line somehow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast