Thread: Turn this crappy map into something special

Guild Applicant

Default Turn this crappy map into something special

I've just finished writing a fantasy novel and I made this laughable map for my own reference. I'm looking for someone to convert it into something real. Any suggestions for improvement are also welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terra Hech.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	75103

I'm not sure if that worked. If not, I'll delete this and try something else. If it worked, then ignore those last two sentences.

The name of the world is Terra Hech. I realize there is only one coast line and the shape of things is not very interesting. As I said, any suggestins are welcome.
    Last edited by AlanTho; 08-02-2015 at 03:01 PM.

You might want to check out the suggestions for what information to provide with a map request, here, which would be helpful for any artists considering the job. Also, a bit more description of the area you want mapped, and of your book, could spark some interesting ideas.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Guild Applicant

Chashio, thanks so much for the information. I'm sure it will be very helpful. In fact, it already has been. Once I get a few more posts on the forum, I'll be able to send you a message telling you exactly how. It's a bit too delicate to mention here.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Uhm, you've posted this in the Requests subforum as a request for a paid commission. The least you could do is provide interested parties with information about just what you want: style, size, resolution, deadline, rights and what payment you intend to offer.^^ Otherwise I quite frankly don't see a reason for this thread to exist.