Thread: Inkscape - card style layers

Default Inkscape - card style layers

Hello,

I have been struggling with making one file in Inkscape which would look like 6 cards (black text on white "paper") layed on each other with a shadow effect. I studied how to make layers, I know how to make a blur effect but the problem is that I keep getting whiter text and even the blur effect does not keep exactly the same shadowy effect when I export it to pdf.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thank you

PS: I made something similar in GIMP of what I need to do in Inkscape. As you can see, the shadows "under" the cards are the same (tone, strength, etc.) and so is the writing. When I do this in Inkscape (One layer for text, other for each card), I receive very light grey text of the card which is at the bottom and the shadows do not keep the same grey look (the upper is more dense, while the lower is lighter). What am I doing wrong?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	75246
    Last edited by nameh; 08-10-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Blog Entries

The fancy filter effects in SVG aren't necessarily available in other vector image formats like PDF. If you export with the "Rasterize filter effects" option enabled it will replace the filtered objects with raster images. The "resolution for rasterization" option controls the resolution this happens at.

Otherwise, you could just use the SVG as an SVG rather than converting to a PDF if whatever you are ultimately using the image for supports SVG (and supports the filters you are using in the SVG)

Alternatively you can export to a raster image when you are done and use that.

Thank you Hai-Etlik, I did as you suggested and it worked well.