Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Blog Entries

Oh yes, excellent ! The shaman moves in, moves his skull topped staff in strange patterns which emits a jet of foul odours. But all is not lost, our Elven Ranger will be letting loose one of his spells - the battles really heating up now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tmp.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	309.8 KB 
ID:	7854  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This is a really cool idea you have here Red...sort of like the CWBP but for an encounter map AND with a play by play that tells a story. Super sweet.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

This is Tylla Redleaf's inn.

Blog Entries

Hah, Very good. Somebody with sketchup skillz should knock this out in 3D and do a plan of the common room. Then you have token, photo and map all in one. Actually thinking about it thats not far from my challenge suggestion. Hmmm

Katya Rimbaldi was born in Raedis, Akron, where she still maintains a home. She was a child of a priest of Aldamar and a lady from the famous Alleuri merchant family. Her father Meuron Rimbaldi dedicated his life in service of Aldamar and had a major impact in the judicial codex that is in use in the region even today. The Rimbaldi family established a temple for Aldamar in Raedis when Katya was only 4 years of age and the temple is now being run by Katya's brother Aloesius Rimbaldi while Katya continues in the service of Aldamar as an adventuring champion.

The temple was erected just south of the main river flowing thru Raedis in the area of the city that is now considered being the central district of Raedis. It burned down shortly after by an unidentified arsonist, but the Rimbaldi family did not give up and built another just like the original. The arson may have turned against the arsonist's plans since the good priest received the sympathies of the townsfolks who in turn participated in the temple's building - both by providing goods and labor. Nowadays the temple serves as Raedis' official courthouse as well as being a shrine of Aldamar.

Katya was very much exposed with the religion beginning from her infancy and it was thus not a big surprise for her to adopt the religion as her own too. Katya spent many years of her adolescense studying judicial principles and justice systems in the University of Akron (located in the city state of Akron). Meanwhile her brother took over the daily runnings of the temple while their father retired due to worsening health issues that eventually brought the good man down and killed him. Katya was more of a "hands-on" kind of type anyway and considered the temple more of a burden than a gift so it was a relief to her when Aloesius took the duties of running the temple.

Katya is now involved in resolving several ongoing legal disputes between merchant families, noble families of the city states and whatnot. Some of these disputes are political, some judicial and some have escalated into violence as well. She participates in many kinds of activies that are justifiable in the interest of serving Aldamar's vision of justice. She is currently trying to locate a known contract killer who assasinated Baron Telisius' daughter Emerald only few months ago. If she succeeds and the murderer is either killed in the process or brought into justice, Baron Telisius pays a considerable fee to Aldamar's temple.

Katya has a bit of a temper and has a tendency to verbally lash out when aggravated. On the other hand she has a burning passion for "righting the wrong" and her dedication gives her tremendous toughness and sheer willpower even when things look grim and tracks appear cold and dead.

### PIC ###

Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Love it... love it... love it...

And in this scene (...A smashing scene with some lovely acting...) Katya, far from home, uses her agility to flank and kick some royal lizard butt....

Kimmo, what do you use to make the characters - poser ? What does poser use as a 3D object format and what are you always looking out for ?
    Last edited by Redrobes; 11-21-2008 at 11:45 AM.

Yes, he uses Poser. Poser can handle several different object formats, but typically it likes .obj files over other types.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Blog Entries

Cool, well .obj is good. I like that one too cos its in text format. Well, if Kimmo needs heads or unusual stuff then I might be able to get something up together now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Kimmo, what do you use to make the characters - poser ? What does poser use as a 3D object format and what are you always looking out for ?
    Wavefront obj-file is the preferred format. For example that Aldamar's sword in Katya's hand ... I outlined it in Inkscape from a svg file I made for the Aldamar's logo, exported as vector .ai file, imported into Wings3D, worked into a decent enough object, tesselated (polys to quads; Poser hates triangular polygons) and material zoned, exported as wavefront obj file, imported into Poser. All this in Ubuntu Linux.

EDIT: oh and by the way ... a dead lizard-man and one of Krull's mercenaries is coming up next

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Continued excellence... love the sword!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast