Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

The shield design for the Gods look awesome, and I would love to see a shield design done for Valan (in the wiki). But a new one, not all dented

Other than that, I really like your work, and now I feel bad because I can't draw anything that good
    And our time is flyin', see the candle burnin' low
    Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
    ~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

Nice offer, I will be needing a sketch of the race that will be ruling Chedalbur. When I ready with info, I post it here.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Okies... I just made this story up to support an illustration I created.

-------------------------

There's always a need of justice - even during times of peace.

In many areas life outside of cities is tough and filled with harsh manual labor. People are fighting the nature's elements alongside wild beasts to protect their only income - lifestock, grain and vegetables. Most governing bodies in (CWBP) only rarely bother to send properly equipped and trained soldiers to assist people in scarcely populated remote areas. Soldiers are mostly only around to collect taxes. Still ... justice is served in many regions. In several areas of the world, liege lords hire the servants of Aldamar to act as a sort of travelling one-man law enforcement units. These adventurous individuals then travel the villages and smaller towns looking for disputes to settle. Travelling judges they are not - more of civil arbitrators whose opinions and wise tales teach common law and common sense when people run into disagreement.

Aldamar's arbitrators have no official organisation. There is no initiation, training or fee to pay to become one and no one keeps track of them. It's very common that they are local people who have gained the respect of village elders and their task is more of a calling than a job. Of course they have no official business in doing what they do if the lords of the land don't want them around. Still even in areas where their business is outright outlawed, the toughest and most stubborn stay and continue preaching about justice and sensible laws. On the other hand, there are many areas where liege lords support them and see their work crucial in keeping the rural populace content and law-abiding. Some liege lords try to suppress their arbitrators when their opinions differ from theirs, but mostly the efforts to control the arbitrators have been futile - the arbitrators only listen to what Aldamar has to say about how to deal justice.

Aldamar's arbitrators are usually well versed in both diplomacy and communal laws. They need to be verbally talented and possess enough charisma to convince people behind their opinion. They are mostly sensible in their actions and most of them possess good skills in oratory and story-telling. They often travel a lot and thus they crucially need skills to survive in hostile environs. Some of them are very adept at combat especially if they operate in areas where their presence is not tolerated by the lords of the land.

------------

Meet Bernold Hanyvan, Aldamar's arbitrator who works in rural areas near Borderton, Thrubmorton Fens.

### PIC ###

Last edited by 12rounds; 06-18-2016 at 06:15 AM.

These rock. Hmmm I wonder if we can keep your rep above your post count. I have done my part and bonked you with the +2 whip of repping. That would be an interesting experiment...

Now, any plans to do some maps? This is the Cartographers Guild after all. Not that I am complaining about having a wonderfully talented illustrator hanging around giving us some cool free portraits and stuff... Sorry... I tend to babble... Move along, nothing to see here folks.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Oh yea.. how about trying a top down token of Mr Hanyvan for those of us who use VTT's, cause, as I said earlier, this portrait rocks!
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

That is fantastic, you've even expanded on my vague description of what different parts of the church would be like.

I dub thee newly repped with my Cudgel *bonk*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Great work 12rounds. Nothing adds flavour quite like an illustration. The written work is very good too and should definately be included in the wiki.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

First, thank you all for making a newcomer feel welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Now, any plans to do some maps?
    I've never really dabbled into that territory. I would be inclined to say "no" at the moment since I don't really know where to even begin and that would naturally take limited time away from character illustrations. But who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    how about trying a top down token of Mr Hanyvan for those of us who use VTT's, cause, as I said earlier, this portrait rocks!
    Honestly I don't even know what the acronym VTT even stands for and I've never ever made a single top down token before. So this here is the first. Maybe there are some guidelines lying around, but this token is easily changed if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    The written work is very good too and should definately be included in the wiki.
    Yea well, thanks, but English is not my native language (it's my third actually), so anything I write would have to be grammar and spell-checked by a native speaker.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

VTT = Virtual Table Top

As far as your English goes, its better than a lot of people I've known who have spoke/wrote it their entire lives, besides WIKI's are meant to be edited, so don't let that stop you.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Wow ... the quality of the illustrations is amazing. I'd love to see more of the illustrations, and I think it adds real depth to a setting to see character illustrations. If you should happen to bump across Akron in your travels ....
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast