Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

More cool stuff 12Rounds!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Name: Elisabeth Lukas
    Race: Human

A witch in town? Elisabeth has either heard of it ... or has already disposed of the foullness that is witchery. She is probably the most famous witch hunter of Witchlight Strand and it surely seems she is busy. She resides in Port Magalie - not far from the city central - but it's equally likely to meet her pretty much anywhere in Witchlight Strand since her profession often force her to pursue identified witches on the run for long periods of time. And witches seem aplenty in the Witchlight Strand. Go figure.

While at Port Magalie, Elisabeth spends a lot of time at The Wyvern's Nest - a local inn just around the corner of where she lives. Some might say she is more likely to be met at the inn than her home, but then again she is a good friend with the owner of the inn, a halfling named Tylla Redleaf, and the inn is pretty much the best place in town to catch gossip about suspected sightings of witches and witchcraft. She is a tall woman standing a good deal above 6 feet and she also carries her height with proudness and self-awareness. She is playful and loud, but not overly arrogant. She can take a good joke even if it's on her and she doesn't hesitate to throw one back. In fact she is quite witty and clever with words.

Elisabeth knows pretty much all the gossip there is to know in Port Magalie. She isn't really interested in anything not related to witches and witchery. On subjects other than those she often remembers things wrong or just doesn't remember at all but makes up something from her mind to patch the holes. As a result she is an invaluable source of information about witches but on other subject matters the information she splurts is less than reliable. There is, however, an item of interest that has caught her attention. And that is the rumors that a Plague Knight from Groam has been sighted up north. It certainly seems like a remote possibility that those dreaded servants of unspeakable terror have spread terror in the mystic lands of Gallant Coast and have advanced all the way to the borders of Witchlight Strand. Then again it might just be a false positive since the presence of a Plague Knight is usually reported only way after the plague has wrecked havoc and so far Witchlight Strand has been saved from the disease. In fact most Witchligth Strand scholars now believe that the plague itself has run it's course and is now mostly just a terrible chapter in the history books.

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 11-09-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I just spent the last hour+ looking through this thread and alls I can say is:

W O W ! ! !

Keep up the awesome work, 12rounds.

Thank you Diamond for your kind words.

----------------------------------------------

Name: Milja Markovec

A long time employee of Tylla Redleaf, Maria started her work as a waitress at The Wyvern's Nest only a couple of weeks after Tylla established the place quite many years ago. Maria is well liked by the regular patrons of the inn as well as the more random visitors that set their foot in there. Much of the success of The Wyvern's Nest is because of Maria's hard-working attitude and her amazing ablility to make everyone feel warm and welcome. She is socially talented and has a cunning ability to sense the mind set of the customers and adjust her demeanor accordingly. Asking Tylla about what she thinks of Maria will just result in a seemingly endless narrative on Maria regularly dotted with positive remarks. A more cynical listener might even think Tylla has the hots for Maria.

Every tuesday is a day of entertainment at the inn. Tylla regularly hires talented local people and groups to perform at the inn. Maria Tessa has a divine and smoothly soothing singing voice and she regularly performs both heart-breaking sentimental ballads and hosts more rowdy and cheery sing-a-long events. Needless to say The Wyvern's Nest is simply crowded each and every tuesday night.

### PIC ###

Last edited by 12rounds; 06-14-2016 at 03:17 AM.

I like that one. I could have used her back at the start of this adventure. Keep it up!

-IG

I haven't been in here for a while, these are great 12rounds! Makes me feel like writing an adventure myself.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Name: Cycopsilus - The XVII Plague Knight

The presence of a Plague Knight is never a good sign. First an area is ravaged by the plague leaving misery, orphaned children, terror, death and despair. Then arrive the Sect of Flagelmus - a group of self-punishing people who have survived the plague's initial onslaught on the body. Some of these grow mad, some die of self-torture, violence or self-mutilation or of infections or malnutrition. A select few return to Groam to later appear as the dreaded Plague Knights. Most Plague Knights are quite slim or even skeletal due to their ravaged and withered bodies, but fragile or weak they are not. Instead their bodies can apparently withstand much more punishment than the average human can. In fact some rumors exists that claim the Plague Knights are no longer alive, but kept in motion by some evil force or entity - like the feared powers of the necromancers of Cult of the Blackflame.

Cycopsilus leads a group of 80. They are all members of the Sect of Flagelmus and servants to Cycopsilus. The numbers flail since some die and some join the group. Cycopsilus' group has appeared seemingly out of nowhere and wrecked havoc on a small farming village some miles north of the Witchlight Strand's border. The group killed and maimed dozens of innocent victims and purposefully let some get away after polluting their bodies with the seeds of the plague.

Cycopsilus is surely on some mission, but what he is after, noone knows.

### PIC ###

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Another great piece... there is a deity of plagues and such in the pantheon if you wanted him associated with some kind of religion.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

This time a composite image of Cycopsilus and 4 members of the Sect of Flagelmus that accompany the Plague Knight.
    ------------------

The sect members are extremely resilient and the members have learned to delight and revel in the pain they both cause and withstand. They go barefoot almost all the time to feel pain and they punish their bodies in whatever ways they can think of. The sect members are all either survivors of the plague or suffering patients and carriers. The common denominator seem to be a destabilised state of mental health. Their reasoning is still intact and they are not idiotic in any way. Instead their minds have warped into a psychotic state in which they have embraced the plague as their true calling and fate. It is uncertain whether the disease is to blame on the deterioration of mental faculties or whether they have been brainwashed by someone ... or something.

Their numbers fluctuate heavily all the time since many can not take the added punishment of a wearing and debilitating disease combined with self-torture, starvation, mutilation and rampant violence they get involved in while entering new areas to ravage, burn, maim, rape, pillage, torture and kill any and all who they come in contact with. For some unknown reason, women are very rare among their ranks. Most of the sect members are human males, but the sect is not discriminating and there have been vague reports from Groam about whole groups of mostly elven or dwarven members.

### PIC ###

link to bigger sized image; above is apparently scaled down by forum software
    Last edited by 12rounds; 12-05-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Look like a bunch of punks - I could take 'em Heh heh.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 LastLast