Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Name: Hym Grog
    Race: Orc

One helluva conniving and deceitful bitch, Hym Grog is also exceptionally successful in making any orc male do her bidding. She is known to wrap men around her little finger, squeeze hard and when no gain can no longer be had, she dumps the poor fella and moves to a new mark. She uses her exceptional beauty to her advantage and most orcish men (and indeed some gnolls and goblins too!) just can't resist her like she's some kind of a land bound mermaid.

Her reputation is now well known in the whole of Bloodspires, but nevertheless she continues her scheming and conniving because most of the orcish men are ignorant and too self-absorbed in thinking that THEY are immune to her tricks even if all the others are not. Hym has 3 children, 2 of whom are bastard sons of major orc chieftains (Chieftain Grom and Chieftain Arrog). Hym is not exactly a motherly type and her children are being raised by their grandmother - mother of Hym.

Miss Grog is a competent combatant and utterly merciless when it comes to fighting. Some orcish men have defeated her, shown mercy to a downed, bleeding and injured woman, turned their backs for a victorious growl and then experience the pain of getting stabbed in the back. Repeatedly. This fierceness, though, is just an afrodisiac to most orcish men!

### PIC ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-05-18.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	99440
    Last edited by 12rounds; 09-21-2017 at 05:16 AM.

recently had a thought that tolkien actually got the word orc by dropping the d (all that olde english stuff is a bluff).

so my current world is populated instead by dorcs, a race of destructive imbeciles who believe in the principle of strength (and rightness) in numbers and are, unfortunately, appalingly well organised (albeit comical to observe at a distance).

gave them hairless q-tip shaped heads, round, dull looking features, round black golfball sized eyes, overbites, stooped and lax postures, and decidedly inbred lookin features, waxy white skin like somethnig you'd find under a rock or behind a computer.
    Last edited by xoxos; 05-19-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Name: Lord Samael Ivorin
    Race: Human

Once a potent and renowned healer researching the plague, Samael began to shift his research into other areas. He was the leader of Kwourin's famous infirmary for a while and during that time it is suspected that Samael made horribly unspeakable experiments with the populace of the hospital. First he chose people that were already in the verge of death, but later he didn't care whom he took and what was their condition. He was arrested by The Grey Watch after enough suspicion had risen, but it was a time of turmoil and while most of the inhabitants of the doomed city packed their packs and left, Samael was left unattended in the dungeon under The Shackled Fortress - once a bustling fort from where The Grey Watch coordinated their efforts. It is unknown how Samael survived, but it was probably weeks or months later when the local orc militia was formed and took control of the fortress. Samael was freed by the orc commander Mergog - a former slave - who did not know why Samael was left behind.

Since that day Samael has been in charge of the town. He is not really interested in running a town, but instead lets the orcs to whatever they wish. In the beginning some orcs protested against Samael's position, but Samael annihilated the orcs by engulfing them in an eerie purple-black magical flame-like substance that devoured the poor creatures in public. Since then, Samael has been left unchallenged. He takes what he needs without asking and the orcs running the town provide what Samael asks from them. Most of the time Samael is nigh invisible to the orcs and townsfolk in general because he may spend weeks locked up in a tower or dungeon in the fortress doing his research. The occasional missing people from the town has been linked to Samael, but no proof exists and nobody dares front the man anyway.

Lord Ivorin is a powerful sorcerer of the Cult of The Black Flame. He is no longer interested in matters mundane and devotes his time solely on the art of the deepest black magic. It is rumoured that he has stopped ageing long since. Samael spends some time away from Kwourin each year and it is not uncommon that he has cult sorcerers visiting him. Nothing is known about the visits, but it is most probable that Samael is receiving tutoring or giving it. The orc militia - now headed by Murg (youngest son of Mergog) is totally under Samael's control and they act as the eyes and ears of the sorcerer.

### PIC ###

Name:	2012-05-21.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	99449
    Last edited by 12rounds; 09-21-2017 at 05:26 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Ooohhh!! I really like this one.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Do you by any chance do Aliens?

Tyackt, no not really. Except if you consider Cthulhu Mythos creatures as "aliens". Recent work has been zombies and survivors of zombie infestation, some t-shirt designs and some characters/monsters for steampunk environment.

Unfortunately my ISP is killing the server from which the illustrations are linked to this thread. Most of them are already gone and the server is due to be shut down next Wednesday.
    It is too cumbersome to try updating the thread so I will just let it die. Sadly the CWBP wiki has been dead for couple of years now. It has been tedious to the extreme to update the character related stories in this thread as they can not be conveniently cross-linked to each other and a forum thread is not really a fluent way to continue expanding this thing.

So. I opened a blog site devoted to these characters, created a consistent continent (named Cresia) for the countries, cities and people and will continue developing this much further. Some characters in this thread are not appropriate so they will not get their own page/story and are deemed to slide into obscurity and some will be heavily altered. I'll update the blog at a leisurely pace and adding also many that have never been published here (or anywhere) as well as adding new ones. The place is called: Uninvisited Isle.
    Last edited by 12rounds; 12-07-2012 at 04:10 AM.

Necroing the thread! ... And how appropriate it is that the guy is a necromancer.

Baron Benedict Zolov of Darkovia.
    This guy belongs to the ruling elite of Darkovia.

### PIC ###

Name:	2013-06-24.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	279.5 KB 
ID:	99450
    Last edited by 12rounds; 09-21-2017 at 05:26 AM.

That's deliciously gruesome. And a little terrifying...!!

Fantastic work on this.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Blog Entries

Heh ! Awesome ! I will try and necro the CWBP1 in the new zoom maps format and get some links to these portraits added to it. I am still working on the coding side of it but its close now. I loved all of these pictures and I think they need to be in there ! BTW, Regarding your previous post comment, I think the forum is not a great way to showcase them either but I think the map thing is a better way. I just had a look at your site and you have a much better format going on there with the database.

Good to see you back in town 12Rounds !
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-14-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast