Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Post Inhabitants of the world for CWBP

Hello all.

This is my first post in here. I followed a user "redrobes" from EnWorld to here and found this collaborative work very fascinating.

Now I'm not a cartographer. I focus my efforts to making illustrations of rpg characters. I'm wondering if there is any need for character illustrations in this project at this point in time? And if so, are there any guidelines for illustrative works?

Does anyone co-ordinate worldbuilding per area? Ie. if I would make an illustration of a - say - Silver Watch soldier, would I be stepping over anyone's toes? Is there any kind of an approval process?

Oh and here's one recent image of mine. Just to show my illustrative style. Complete 3d work is what I do. But if it's enough, I would like to try my hands on creating some illustrations (characters, creatures, items, locations) for this project.

This guy is named Thurn Eibor.

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 06-14-2016 at 10:34 AM.

Why are this man's hands on fire? And more disturbingly, why is noone helping him??

Anyway, cool illustration. Very nicely done. Made entirely on the computer?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Well this guy is supposed to be a magician of sorts. "Flaming Hands" kind of a spell in effect.

Entirely digital yes. Composed in 3d and postworked in 2d. I have my own digital process which I've refined for years.

----

On further thought, it's possible I've opened this thread in a wrong forum. Perhaps the dedicated CWBP forum area would have been the right the place to post. Oh well.
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-11-2008 at 04:55 AM.

Blog Entries

Hey 12Rounds, good to see you here ! I have always been impressed with your work over at EnWorld.

We have a community world building project here (the CWBP) which has its own topic in the forums where each person took on a section or tile of an area and we mapped it in different styles.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/ut...CWBP_Index.htm

In this thread - http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2437 - is an area within my tile which has lizardmen and wyverns so I used your CC image of a wyvern in it so you can see that on in action there.

I reckon theres always plenty of scope for doing character illustrations. We have a VTT section here too and you prob know that I write one of these. Well, were always looking for top down token views. Doing a character portrait and a top down token view is excellent as you can have them as player characters and have the token on the board and image on the character sheet. Also nice to be able to play maps with tokens and then say - this one here looks like this...

Its a good community here - I think you will like it.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-12-2016 at 02:40 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

Very nice work! I more or less "donated" a pantheon that is being used in the CWBP, to some extent, if you're interested I would love to see your take on the deities sigils/symbols or even their 'avatars'.

Actually anyone who wanted to try their hand at these would be welcomed compared to my pathetic attempts.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I think people would love to see graphical representations of peoples.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

12rounds welcome to the guild and more specifically welcome to the CWBP. There is so much stuff that needs illustrating in the project. But its a long-term project and so there is no hurry. I would start in a selfish way. The area map I did is part of a region called Groam. Central to that area are a group of knights/militia called the Grey Watch. I would really like a pic of a grey watchman for the Groam entry in the Wiki. More details on the organisation can be found on Wiki itself which is linked in this forum.

I like the illustration, and think you are going to get a lot of requests.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Thank you for your nice words everyone.

I took a look at the pantheon of gods in the wiki ... Aldamar was listed first.
    So I made a shield design for Aldamar. It's something to use later on when doing some servants of Aldamar - soldiers, clerics etc.

This is the shield design - it's seen some action too!

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 06-14-2016 at 09:56 AM. Reason: PIC tag

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice, I like it!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yes, very nice. Ahem ...... Wiki Editors........

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast