Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gray Hound and Crow

Map Gray Hound and Crow

The Gray Hound Inn and Olde Crow Tavern
    Sitting on the north end of the Solhuag coast near the Bay of Beretheg, the Gray Hound is the last inn before the long inland road north toward the city of Warnock and the Rimene region of Shirain of Luma.

The inn sits on the high rocky coast several miles beyond the nearest town of Bregeb, itself some 10-15 miles outside of Low Barmuck, last of the dominant cities of south Shirain. The Gray Hound and Crow was once part of the private estate of the Gherhaser family, who were eventually done in by the predations of sea raiders from the outer Solhuag islands beyond Sutheg.

The estate sat empty and cold for many years, becoming a place for birds and wandering travelers. One such traveler was Argreu Barg, a lone wanderer from Ulvan in the north. He had escape a raider ship bound to the south and was found on the coast by dreCori, the lone human inhabitant of Gherhaser House. This Lady Corvas, the Olde Crow, brought him back from the edge and returned him to health.

Argreu was most thankful to dreCori and aided her there after in all that she would conceive and do. Over the years she had helped many lost and weary or injured travelers and in time some returned, intent on returning the favor. So it was that a small traveler community grew within the old walls of the one-time estate. With time and repair, the manor became an inn and tavern and ultimately a second home to far flung adventurers and roaming souls.

This is done in pencil composited from 2 drawings.
    You can see a larger version of the building here - http://sirinkman.deviantart.com/art/...Crow-547659405

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GrayHound and Crow by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	817.1 KB 
ID:	75276

Absolutely love your building stuff.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Excellent, as usual. I really like your way to combine the map with a beautiful and useful side view.

Thank you Larb. I keep trying to push further with these.
    Thanks Ilanthar. In this instance I did the sideview first and the map followed it.
    It is actually a lot easier to do it that way rather than map then view which is how I did Bourmout and Sagemound.
    Took a lot less time too.

Banned User

Awesome work!

Oh, that is wonderful! I'm kind of curious why it all got built straddling the crossroads like that. Or rather, why it started that way, as a private estate. I'm guessing it didn't look exactly like that to begin with.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Thank you chick.
    Thanks Chashio. No, it didn't start that way.
    The 'East Road' is a short part extending from a larger south road which meets the coast road down near Low Barmuck.
    The Gherhaser family had other property and structures along the way east and were the most prominent people in the area, which is quite sparse in population.
    That East road truly leads to their estate for purposes of trade. It didn't originally have walls enclosing it but then... the sea raiders and more crime and strife lead to what was hoped would be defensive measures. A new stable building was built to be encompassed by the wall. Those measures didn't work, of course, and so the family was nearly destroyed. Almost. A nephew was abroad and a daughter managed escape to the north.

Yay, survivers! I bet they have some interesting stories to tell. Not asking... I just really want to read them.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Survivors are good. They keep the story going.
    Thanks Sap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast