Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (WIP) UR - The Black Land

Blog Entries

Neat! You'll have to make amends for your lack of color in this project by starting a map of "THE RAINBOW LANDS" when you've finished.

I am confused as to why you have three different types of hills/mountains. I think it would look better if you kept it uniform. Mountains are just bigger hills, so they should look about the same stylistically.
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by foremost View Post
    Neat! You'll have to make amends for your lack of color in this project by starting a map of "THE RAINBOW LANDS" when you've finished.

I am confused as to why you have three different types of hills/mountains. I think it would look better if you kept it uniform. Mountains are just bigger hills, so they should look about the same stylistically.
    I'm not really a fan of tiled or stamped looking assets on maps. Personally I think slight differences in the hills looks good and since no hill is the same I think it's fine. It's also pretty fun to render them. As for the mountains, I've always separated hills and mountains in my mind, and the style of this map also sort of dictates that the mountains be really imposing and strange so having them be different is a must.

Many thanks Barek333!

@Chasio: Thanks very much. I was actually thinking about having those trees be smoke rising from a pit. It's something to play around with.
    Last edited by Sarithus; 08-24-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Looking at that half-buried statue head... I'm speechless. Stunning work there, Sarithus!

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Looking at that half-buried statue head... I'm speechless. Stunning work there, Sarithus!
    Thanks Wired! Much appreciated.

Wonderful work Sarithus.. the statue's face is amazing, so the hell gate!

Banned User

Thanks a lot, Lesopeso!

Almost everything new in this update is unfinished but I just thought I'd post it anyway. Lot's of playing around still. I painted this creature a while ago and realised it's a perfect match for the style of this map so I added it but I'm 100% sure it will change.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ur5.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	75667
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2_Manifestation.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	75668

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

"What is the mystery of Aqaros?"
    "I dunno, go ask the Gretchil, he comes out of that creepy vapour hole sometimes."

I love the character, I hope you find a way to keep it in the map. I am a huge fan of your label borders and lettering on this map.

cheers,
    Meshon

Huh, that's cool! Though I kinda want to pet it, haha the nose looks like it has the soft texture of a horse's muzzle. I like how the map is progressing.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123